Solved

Error: Database could not be accessed

• 11 October 2023
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hello Community,
I just have installed a new Acumatica instance, but I am not able to login as it shows the following error messages:

And the logs for this are:

i tried to restart my DB, still not able to resolve the issue

icon

Best answer by Harshita 14 October 2023, 18:48

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Harshita Try perform database maintenance by just reselecting the DB instance using Acumatica configuration wizard. That should update the DB server details of the instance. Here is the documentation link for the step I am referring to. 

https://help-2022r2.acumatica.com/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=fc906c62-c65b-44d6-8210-13d9cea2b88d

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Harshita Try perform database maintenance by just reselecting the DB instance using Acumatica configuration wizard. That should update the DB server details of the instance. Here is the documentation link for the step I am referring to. 

https://help-2022r2.acumatica.com/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=fc906c62-c65b-44d6-8210-13d9cea2b88d

Hello @manikantad18 , thank you for your prompt response, i did check out the previously created topics relating to same issue and tried to follow those steps but still getting the same error.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Harshita Try perform database maintenance by just reselecting the DB instance using Acumatica configuration wizard. That should update the DB server details of the instance. Here is the documentation link for the step I am referring to. 

Hello @manikantad18 , thank you for your prompt response, i did check out the previously created topics relating to same issue and tried to follow those steps but still getting the same error.

Hi @Harshita Could you please review the database connection, 

Have you tried the suggestion provides in the above suggestions ?

Could you please change the database or create a new instance.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Just an update, what I tried now is I added 
<compilation debug=”true”> which was already set to False in the web.config file and then again tried to load the instance, and now a new error is getting triggered:

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

<compilation debug=”true”> which was already set to False in the web.config file and then again tried to load the instance, and now a new error is getting triggered:

please restart SQL server once

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Harshita if it is a new installation without any user data, I would suggest to maybe delete existing instance(application and database) and just install a new instance. Probably be easier/faster than trying to troubleshoot existing installation. 

My guess would be that installation process got corrupted or something along that.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

please restart SQL server once

tried, Still showing the same error

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@Harshita if it is a new installation without any user data, I would suggest to maybe delete existing instance(application and database) and just install a new instance. Probably be easier/faster than trying to troubleshoot existing installation. 

My guess would be that installation process got corrupted or something along that.

it still throws the same error as posted in first

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello @Harshita !

When I was setting up Acumatica ERP for the first time, I ran into similar error messages during the set-up process. Please make sure that your system is meeting the minimum requirements and there is an active connection to the IIS. Please review and verify the following:

• Microsoft .NET Framework enabled and installed
  • Internet Information Services (IIS) enabled
  • Database can be accessed
  • No interference from security software

I noticed that even if there are no error messages during the new instance install, it could still throw error messages when attempting to log in as you’re experiencing. I’ll include a link to our Help Archive for documentation as well: https://help-archive.acumatica.com/

Let me know if you have any questions, thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hello @Harshita !

When I was setting up Acumatica ERP for the first time, I ran into similar error messages during the set-up process. Please make sure that your system is meeting the minimum requirements and there is an active connection to the IIS. Please review and verify the following:

• Microsoft .NET Framework enabled and installed
  • Internet Information Services (IIS) enabled
  • Database can be accessed
  • No interference from security software

I noticed that even if there are no error messages during the new instance install, it could still throw error messages when attempting to log in as you’re experiencing. I’ll include a link to our Help Archive for documentation as well: https://help-archive.acumatica.com/

Let me know if you have any questions, thanks!

hello @VladS , i did check out the points that you’ve listed here, but still it didn’t get resolved. So now what I did is I started from fresh to install the Acumatica instance, with all the points listed and now it didn’t threw any error.

The same thing happened to me today on an upgrade, no on a new install.

The way I got out of it is: I noticed that the company table missing the CompanyKey.

I noticed it when I did the database maintenance.

I entered the company key, then i completed the maintenance and everything worked again.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved