Solved

Enabling Project Accounting in multiple tenant instance

• 24 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

We have our production/testing tenant on the same instance, and we are wanting to enable project to test time tracking (internal projects) and also expense management.

Would there be any issue with enabling in the TESTING tenant?  Will enabling in one tenant (Testing) affect our Production Tenant since it is in the same instance?   We don’t want to cause any issues with our sales team as we are configuring it and testing it.

Or would it be best to do in stand-alone environment like another “Test” instance?

Also, I haven’t come across any videos or training/configuration of internal projects, if you know any please let me know.  We will probably do billing against projects later but initially we will be using for tracking internal projects and time for employees on those projects.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Kandy Beatty 24 August 2022, 21:37

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @sheilao08 

You can enable it in the Test tenant without it affecting the other tenant. On my local instance, I have 4 separate tenants and they all have different features enabled. 

Have you checked the Open University for projects? Here is the link: https://openuni.acumatica.com/courses/

These 2 are great to start with what you are looking for, they also have videos to watch: 

Userlevel 4
Badge

@kbeatty21 Thank you so much.  I have those flagged and have watched a little and will do that before implementing.  Appreciate your response.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

@kbeatty21 Thank you so much.  I have those flagged and have watched a little and will do that before implementing.  Appreciate your response.

Good Luck! The open university is a great place for training as well as YouTube, I know many VAR’s do videos for Acumatica as well. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved