Solved

DeviceHub Admin Rights

• 6 June 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Is there way to get DeviceHub to run without running it as an administrator? Every install I do requires admin rights to run it after install and I don’t want all the users having admin rights. Any solid work-arounds here or am I missing something?

This is regarding turning DeviceHub on in Administrator Mode / getting it to work without administrator mode. I know I need admin rights for the first install.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by darylbowman 6 June 2023, 22:41

View original

7 replies

Badge +11

I can’t say I’ve used this with Acumatica, but I have used it with another program I wanted to run as admin without users having the admin rights.

It essentially delegates admin rights into a certificate which the program then can use to elevate to admin.

Userlevel 5
Badge

In lieu of an actual method to NOT run this as admin, I’m marking Daryl as the best answer. I’d still REALLY like to get info on how to run this as NOT an admin, otherwise the uses for this program are severely limited.

Userlevel 4
Badge

This is an issue we are facing as well-don’t understand why this program would have to run as an admin.

Badge +11

I agree, however, I am curious in what situation you need to have it running on a machine or by a user that can't be an admin. I think it's generally expected to be run on a server.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I agree, however, I am curious in what situation you need to have it running on a machine or by a user that can't be an admin. I think it's generally expected to be run on a server.

@darylbowman One example is our ship stations, where it is used for weighing packages and printing shipping labels both local USB devices.

Badge +11

both local USB devices

Ah

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Michael Hansen 

I used the instructions from this page to create a shortcut which runs with local admin rights, could not get it to work with a domain admin.

https://www.maketecheasier.com/standard-users-run-program-admin-rights/#:~:text=To%20do%20that%2C%20right%2Dclick,to%20run%20with%20admin%20rights

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved