Solved

Business Event not triggering correct info

• 10 December 2023
  • 17 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello All,
We’ve setup a Business event that triggers the users for an AP check but currently it displays the info to whom the report is being sent instead of the vendor name in the report.
The yello highlighted field displays the info of the receiver instead of the vendor. How can I resolve this?

But when I run this particular report manually in the system, it displays the correct vendor info.

​​​​​​​

icon

Best answer by Harry 13 December 2023, 13:21

View original

17 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @Harry - Could you please clarify a couple things?

What is the relation between the 1st and 2nd screenshot? The 1st appears to be a report, and the 2nd is an email template. The information in the template is different than the 1st screenshot. Is the report being attached to the email?

if the incorrect info is appearing in the 1st screenshot, then it likely needs to be changed in Report Designer rather than the email template.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Harry 

Could you please share the Business events, GI and Notification template for us to verify. Also please elaborate the issue as @Connor Morse mentioned.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello @Connor Morse & @manikantad18 ,
Yes, the report has been attached to the email template.
GI:

Business Event setup:

Email Template

Kindly let me know what needs to be done.

Attached below is the screenshot of the email notification getting triggered:

and the report attached is a different one:
​​​​​​​

only this same report is getting attached with all the notifications

Whereas the original report is:
​​​​​​​

These details should be displayed in the report

What needs to be added ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Harry 

Generally how you run the report, Using parameter ?

Please update the parameter of vendor in Email template.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Harry 

Generally how you run the report, Using parameter ?

Please update the parameter of vendor in Email template.

Yes, we are currently running the report using the below parameters.
We currently dont have parameters added up for vendor in the report:

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Harry 

Could you please pass the report,xml of Generic inquiry with email template.

Thanks

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello @manikantad18 , here’s the xml for GI
Just to mention I updated the date ranges from 90 days to the current one in the Parameters tab for testing purposes.
How can I export report into xml format? Please guide.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello @manikantad18 & @Connor Morse ,
Attaching the report in the format of Customization project folder. The instance version is 23R1.

Userlevel 4
Badge

In your notification template > ATTACHED REPORTS tab, you must tick Use Event as Data source and then add the parameters underneath that.  You are sending the report with empty parameters (defaults) so that is why

Userlevel 4
Badge

In your notification template > ATTACHED REPORTS tab, you must tick Use Event as Data source and then add the parameters underneath that.  You are sending the report with empty parameters (defaults) so that is why

Hey @lbarker , I dont know why, but now the business event isn’t triggering any notifications as per schedule as it was triggering earlier. i tried to create a new schedule but it still doesn’t trigger any notifications.

Userlevel 4
Badge

its now running fine.

Userlevel 4
Badge

As you can see, I tried the below scenario,
I am not able to understand why is it showing source table as Vendor, whereas we dont have the vendor field mentioned as a parameter in the report.

And it is taking the parameter values from the GI and parameter name from Report.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello @manikantad18 , @Connor Morse , any suggestions where shall I make changes?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Harry 

Unfortunately the report is not loading in my instance, could you please select from schema option?

Userlevel 4
Badge

As you can see, I tried the below scenario,
I am not able to understand why is it showing source table as Vendor, whereas we dont have the vendor field mentioned as a parameter in the report.

And it is taking the parameter values from the GI and parameter name from Report.

Do all the parameter Values show up as options being the data in your generic inquiry columns? 

The Source Table normally comes from what is on the grid tab of your generic inquiry.

Your generic inquiry needs to contain the source data to complete the report parameters. 

You can also hard code certain parameters by putting in a text value in the parameter value, or using the tick box From Schema to select a particular fixed value.

The Parameter Name is the report parameters available

The Parameter value is the source of where to get the value for that parameter, which is normally a reference to a column in your GI, or as mentioned you can hard type it in for fixed values.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello @manikantad18 , @lbarker , @Connor Morse ,
I have resolved it. The issue was at the triggering condition level. So now I changed the triggering condition to the status as:

And now it triggers the correct report.
Thank you all for your prompt suggestions. Happy to be a part of such a great community where i would have people like you to guide all of us.😇. Thanks once again.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thank you for sharing your solution with the community @Harry!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved