Solved

Azure AD credential source

• 12 November 2020
  • 3 replies

A client is syncing Active Directory credentials from their on-premise domain to the “free” tier of Azure AD included with Office 365. They are using a cloud-hosted instance of Acumatica.  Can AD integration be set up with their Azure AD instance or would ADFS be required since their on-prem infrastructure is still the authoritative source?

icon

Best answer by david.harris 13 November 2020, 15:07

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

@jyounker18,

You can integrate your Acumatica ERP instance with AD FS or Azure AD, but not with both. These two identity management systems are mutually exclusive because they use the same functionality to connect to Acumatica ERP.

Here is the latest help articles on ADFS integration - https://help-2020r2.acumatica.com/(W(1))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=c0f5673c-c0ba-479d-b863-125a2993f58f

and here is Azure AD integration - https://help-2020r2.acumatica.com/(W(1))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=68201e8c-05e5-42da-8028-360241a2aefe

I wasn’t planning on doing both at the same time it was more of a question of whether I can avoid the extra complexity of implementing ADFS by integrating with the free-tier Azure AD included with most 365 subscriptions. I didn’t know if that would be supported for two reasons: 1)Free-tier might not have the capabilities needed.  2)Since the 365 Azure AD tenant isn’t the main identity source for the domain I wanted to make sure that there wouldn’t be any problem with pointing Acumatica to it.  I guess it boils down to “Does Acumatica AD Integration work with free-tier 365 AD or does it require a Azure P1 or P2 subscription for each user?”.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I wasn’t planning on doing both at the same time it was more of a question of whether I can avoid the extra complexity of implementing ADFS by integrating with the free-tier Azure AD included with most 365 subscriptions. I didn’t know if that would be supported for two reasons: 1)Free-tier might not have the capabilities needed.  2)Since the 365 Azure AD tenant isn’t the main identity source for the domain I wanted to make sure that there wouldn’t be any problem with pointing Acumatica to it.  I guess it boils down to “Does Acumatica AD Integration work with free-tier 365 AD or does it require a Azure P1 or P2 subscription for each user?”.

This was answered in a separate question:

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved