Solved

Accessibility issue in Project quote and project

• 21 March 2024
  • 5 replies

In the Project modules, our project managers are restricted by their assigned customers. They can only record new project quotes and project for their respective customers. Typically, project quotes inquiries and project inquiries display only the projects assigned to the respective project manager who has restricted by their customer and they are not able to see other PQ and Project in inquiries. However, project managers can access other PMs' projects by using the 'Go to next Record' (page down) or 'Go to previous record' (page up) options in the top menu of the project and project quote pages.

it seems that Restriction by customer doesn't work properly to make restriction on Project and Project Quotes

Is there a way to deactivate these options or otherwise restrict project managers' access?

icon

Best answer by aaghaei 21 March 2024, 19:53

View original

5 replies

To address the issue of restriction, I attempted to restrict employees in the project tab. However, two main problems arose: this method doesn't function properly within the project, and there is no employee tab available in the project quote section.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@bmardanian the employee in Project tab is used to allow who can code time to the project not access rights verification. 
You need some customization in PQ to disable the buttons or go to Access Rights by Screen, find the Previous/Next actions and revoke the desired roles access. 

if you are not familiar with permission settings, then reach out to your VAR

@bmardanian the employee in Project tab is used to allow who can code time to the project not access rights verification. 
You need some customization in PQ to disable the buttons or go to Access Rights by Screen, find the Previous/Next actions and revoke the desired roles access. 

if you are not familiar with permission settings, then reach out to your VAR

i got it , yes i did this kind of restriction in Access right , and it is working , by the way my problem has been solved , but the thing is if you restrict someone by customer or vendor , that restricted person will be able to check non relevant invoices or bills in searchable field of reference invoice or invoice number when they are doing new record. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

That is right. I have had this battle with Acumatica since 2020 but have not had any luck. In some high traffic and risky screens I had to develop my own customizations to overcome this issue. 

That is right. I have had this battle with Acumatica since 2020 but have not had any luck. In some high traffic and risky screens I had to develop my own customizations to overcome this issue. 

Agree! Thank you so much for your help

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved