Skip to main content
Solved

Access Rights - Invoice->Financial->Customer Tax Zone

• 17 June 2024
  • 9 replies

Hello,

I need to give edit access to Invoice->Financial->Customer Tax Zone (see screenshot below) to a role. I cannot find the node in Access Rights by Screen that controls this field. Can anyone help? 
Can anyone help me with how to navigate to an access node with a known field?

9 replies

Badge +12

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Set the permissions as needed.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@darylbowman and @Manikanta Dhulipudi I found that node and set access to “edit”. Users with the role still could not set the Tax Zone.

What could I be doing wrong? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @rcreasy 

Please check if the user has any other role stopping to make an edit, You need to set other user role rights well.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@Manikanta Dhulipudi Thanks. I thought the most liberal rights took precedence?  

Badge +12

I thought the most liberal rights took precedence?  

Nope, the opposite actually.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@Manikanta Dhulipudi I marked @darylbowman as best answer - he came in first.

@darylbowman thanks for the info. That precedence makes this very challenging. I have users with several roles. It is going to be difficult to figure out how to set them up. Again, thanks for the help.

Badge +12

Prior to 24 R1, it worked very well to stack roles by using ‘Not Set’ for everything that was negotiable. Then, any role granting access would be granted and the rest would be denied, providing that at least one role somewhere had rights set. In 24 R1, Access Rights took a major step backward (in my opinion).

Userlevel 4
Badge

Prior to 24 R1, it worked very well to stack roles by using ‘Not Set’ for everything that was negotiable. Then, any role granting access would be granted and the rest would be denied, providing that at least one role somewhere had rights set. In 24 R1, Access Rights took a major step backward (in my opinion).

Agree!!!