Solved

Ability to disable users from accessing mobile app

• 30 June 2021
  • 3 replies

My client would like to prevent users from accessing the mobile app. I logged a support ticket and was told I could use IP filtering, which is not an acceptable solution. The other option I was given was to create a customization. 

Does anyone know how to accomplish this? They are looking to completely disable mobile app access for the time being.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by harshita53 22 June 2023, 09:55

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I’m not sure exactly how that could be accomplished using a customization -- the mobile app is performing the same actions that the user would perform from the web user interface, and if the user has access to a page/field/button, the same will be available to him through a mobile.

The IP-based restrictions are not good either for obvious reasons.

Did support provide any indication what they have in mind in terms of customization? The only thing I can think of is to override all the mobile pages through customization to basically remove them or render them non-functional -- this will apply to EVERY user however.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

We have been able to make some modifications to mobile forms via the Access Rights By Role.

Userlevel 3
Badge

hello @Mellie ,
We can either achieve it by turning off the visibility of the screens on the Mobile Workspaces (AU220012) form. And also restricting the access to the Mobile Workspaces (AU220012) screen using the Access Rights form.

As in the above I have turned the visibility off for all the Workspace IDs. And now when I login to any of the accounts on the mobile app the following error messages are displayed:

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved