Skip to main content

Meet Aleks Iwan our Acumatica Community Featured Member for September 2024. It’s great to have you as part of the Acumatica Community @aiwan!

Here is a little bit about Aleks:

A quick backstory to me, I am 20, and my daughter turned 2 in April, safe to say I am a young dad. My fiancé and I are saving to buy a house and get married. We love walks in the countryside, beaches, and most adventurous out of all of those, cliff jumping.

I started my first job out of sixth form, I believe this is the equivalent to the last two years before college/university for America, an apprenticeship with the company I work for back in October 2022. They had already been slowly bringing Acumatica in however we had not gone live yet. In April 2023, we went live and that is when my involvement with Acumatica started to skyrocket. I became the superuser for my department and organized and delivered training sessions for my team.

Slowly over time, the scope of my involvement with Acumatica widened, becoming the manufacturing superuser, being involved with bug fixes, and import and export scenarios by August 2023. By October, I had my first experiences with the Low Code/No Code Customizations, as someone with no computer science knowledge it was a great tool to learn. Sparking my interest I stumbled upon freeCodeCamp, and started learning as much about coding as I could.

In November, I started my first ‘large’ customization project with Acumatica, compared to what I am doing now this was a piece of cake! It included adding some DB fields to allow for our door and window operations to be recorded and centralized to Acumatica, and changing the Sales Order workflow to suit the business more. This ended up being a great hit as we went live with it in January.

In December, I pass my first apprenticeship and in January, I become the business lead for Acumatica!

Then in March of 2024, I start my new apprenticeship, in Business Analysis, and receive local admin rights for my laptop/pc which allows me to have a local instance of Acumatica.

My development progress skyrocketed from there as I was able to complete the T-Series training courses, and led me to my second ‘large’ customization project, this entails the addition of new tabs to the Sales Order screen to filter out the details tab into various item types we sell because the custom fields we had were increasing the margin of error and devaluing the user experience.

Flash forward to today, I am working on a new QHSE module bespoke to the business. Which entails our ISO procedures, production records, and various H&S records. This project will most likely last a long while as scope creep is a real thing, but the most important part is working with Acumatica and learning as much as I possibly can.

Two people I would not be able to do this without are @darylbowman and @Yuriy Zaletskyy!

Philippians 4:13 – I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

Hello Aleks,

Thank you for sharing your success story and beautiful family.  Well done!

Laura

Cheers Aleks. It's great to see you embracing opportunities!

Congratulations Aleks! your story is so impressive and your daughter is absolutely adorable!! 

Congratulations, Aleks! Wish you all the best as you continue this journey.

Congrats @aiwan Enjoyed reading your journey, keep it up.  Sounds like you’ll do great things.  Loved your quote at the end, religious or not, Philippians 4:13 is my favorite.  Doesn’t matter where that strength comes from, just have to believe it’s there.

Congrats @aiwan ! The community is so lucky to have you! 

Congratulations @aiwan !

Congratulations Aleks! 

Congratulations @aiwan !