Solved

Test Tenant Issue after Update

• 28 February 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

For most of our companies, we normally setup a test tenant. I noticed today when logging into one that the test tenant was not available. I looked and they recently had an update applied. I then looked at another customer, who I haven’t accessed in a while, and they also didn’t have a test tenant. These are our only 2 clients who have their acumatica automatically updated. The test tenant is not available in the dropdown nor is it available in the tenants window. 

I then went and looked at Space Usage. It shows both the live/active tenant and the test tenant, but beside the live tenant it has a checkmark for Current. It does not have that for the test tenant. Has anyone else experienced this? 

icon

Best answer by estebanperalta54 1 March 2023, 00:15

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @rebeckamckinney53 

Can you share a screenshot of what exactly you are seeing?

Userlevel 3
Badge
No other tenant is available
Tenant is still active in background

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@rebeckamckinney53 You should be able to see all tenants whether they are licensed or not from the tenants screen. The only time I haven't is if I didn’t have access rights to that tenant. I would make sure the credentials are the same for your user across all tenants.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @rebeckamckinney53 

I was also going to suggest what @estebanperalta54 and ensuring that you have access to the Test tenant. If you do not have access, check with a user who has the admin login to assist you. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

@estebanperalta54 I am setup as an Administrator. I was also an administrator in the test tenant. I don’t see anywhere from the main tenant that I can change the security of the test (since I cannot log into it) or verify what my security is there. I always just switched to the other tenant and modified security from there. Is there any other way to modify the security? 

Userlevel 3
Badge

@kandybeatty49 Sorry, I was responding and didn’t see your response. This is the admin login. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@rebeckamckinney53 Is there another admin user you can test with? Also, do you see the tenant as a drop-down option on the login page?

Userlevel 3
Badge

@estebanperalta54 

I think I have it. I checked and the tenant was in the dropdown. I tried logging in but it said my password was incorrect. I was able to log in as another user that had admin access and they still had access to the test tenant. I changed the admin password in the test tenant to what it currently is in the live. That gave me access again. It’s really odd because our test tenant is just a copy of the live, so the password should be the same. It’s not often we change passwords and we normally do it for both tenants if it happens. But it is resolved now so thanks so much!

My experience is that I always need to maintain users including passwords individually in both tenants we use. They are not copied nor created automatically. I do have the same password on both so I avoid issues in switching if necessary.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved