Solved

Snapshot error - The operation has been aborted

• 3 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

we have upgraded from 2020R2 to 2022R1.  Ever since, in both our SaaS Acumatica and our AWS sandbox, I have not been able to get a snapshot to export.  The snapshot will complete as long as I do not ask to prepare for export.  But then when I tell it to prepare for XML export, I get the following error after about 10 minutes

The operation has been aborted.

I have plenty of space, and have actually deleted all the old snapshots.  Also I have ran the optimize database after each delete and failed attempt.  I have also restarted application after database optimization and nothing seems to help.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

icon

Best answer by pallikasharma11 22 February 2023, 19:37

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

The error usually occurs when an individual table is more than 2GB, the system is unable to zip the tables into a snapshot and aborts the process. You can check the same by navigating to Space Usage form > Snapshots tab > tables, sort them in descending order.

Note: This limitation has been fixed in 2022R116, 2022R206 and later versions.

Based on the snapshot requirements and usage-

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 1

we have upgraded from 2020R2 to 2022R1.  Ever since, in both our SaaS Acumatica and our AWS sandbox, I have not been able to get a snapshot to export.  The snapshot will complete as long as I do not ask to prepare for export.  But then when I tell it to prepare for XML export, I get the following error after about 10 minutes

The operation has been aborted.

I have plenty of space, and have actually deleted all the old snapshots.  Also I have ran the optimize database after each delete and failed attempt.  I have also restarted application after database optimization and nothing seems to help.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

The error usually occurs when an individual table is more than 2GB, the system is unable to zip the tables into a snapshot and aborts the process. You can check the same by navigating to Space Usage form > Snapshots tab > tables, sort them in descending order.

Note: This limitation has been fixed in 2022R116, 2022R206 and later versions.

Based on the snapshot requirements and usage-

Hope this helps!

Sharma:

Thanks a lot. This is also my problem. Funny enough, in my case the UploadFileRevision file is 36GB although I have deleted all old snapshots before I created the new one. Any idea on how to reduce the file in size? Thanks. Toon Six (toonsix@intercs.com) 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

The UploadFileRevision table consists of any file seen in "Search in files" screen, and only if they are being stored in the database.

Depending on your snapshot requirement if, attachments are not required I suggest to opt for Snapshot Mode Full except attachments.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved