Solved

Is it Safe to Run "Validate Inventory"

Userlevel 6
Badge

Is it safe to run “Validate Inventory” on a weekly basis?  

icon

Best answer by Gabriel Michaud 1 March 2021, 16:35

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Doug,

My experience is that it is safe to run the “Validate Inventory” on a weekly basis.  I have clients that run it daily as well.  What you want to be aware of is that in setting the schedule you want to select “Weekly” and avoid the “Daily” schedule type unless absolutely necessary.  The “Daily” type can impact your system’s performance even though the process is not running because the system is constantly checking the schedule. In addition setting the “Validate Inventory” after hours obviously would be a good idea as well.

I hope that helps.

Dan

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@dougmcbride79 safe -- yes; but the question I would like to ask is: why do you have to run it at all? The only case that I know where you *have* to run it is if you change Item Class availability calculation settings.

If the inventory balances become invalid, this is because you have a data integrity issue somewhere that is caused by a bug in Acumatica, and this should be reported to support...

Userlevel 6
Badge

Thank you.  We recently changed the inventory that shows on our Big Commerce website from all to one location.  After the change we noticed inventory from the a second location is showing up on the website when it should not.  We noticed the issue right after we made this change.  So we are working on the assumption the issue is related.  

And I have reported this issue.  

Userlevel 6
Badge

Thank you.  I appreciate your comments. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@smarenich FYI

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

>And I have reported this issue.  

@dougmcbride79 do you have a case ID for my reference?

If you moved all items from location B to location A, and than re-synchronized Availability in the BigCommerce connector, than Products Quantities should be good. If it is not the case, i would like to review it.

Userlevel 6
Badge

@smarenich 

The case I have with Cloud 9 is Case Number 053129.  Please note;

1. We did not move inventory from one location to a second location.  In Big Commerce set up in Acumatica, we change what inventory shows up on Big Commere from “All” to a specific location (Anchorage). We have two warehouse locations and we only wanted inventory in one location  to show on the website.  (We wanted Anchorage inventory to show and not Ketchikan inventory.)  When we made this change a week ago, this issue arose. 
  2. At least one item (the item we used as an example to create the case) is not longer an issue.  It “fixed” itself.  But as you will see in the case comments other items are showing up in on the website that are not in the specified Anchorage location.  I have two examples in the comments to the case. 

I greatly appreciate your looking into this matter.  Thank you. 

Doug

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thanks Doug. I will follow up with Cloud9 in the email. Will keep you posted.

Userlevel 6
Badge

@smarenich 

We have more examples of items being in the Ketchikan warehouse (A location that is set up not to show on our Big Commerce website) showing up on our website.  I can provide them if it will help you solve this issue.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi Doug,

I have done some investigation locally on this subject but it works fine.

Could you please try one thing for me please? 

1. Go to the screen Inventory Summary IN401000
  2. Select item 3005E (I took it from the case)
  3. Notice how many items you have on the warehouse that is mapped to BigCommerce. If there is no warehouse, we should assume it is 0.
  4. Go to BigCommerce, open the product 3005E
  5. Take a note on how many items of product 3005E is available there.
  6. Go to Sync Status screen (BC301000). Select Entity = Availability
  7. Find 3005E in the grid. You can use filter by local or external ID
  8. There should be 1 record. Select it and sync.
  9. Go to BigCommerce and reload the product page.
  10. Check how many items you have available there.

If I’m right, than you should have correct Qty. I suspect that the problem is that you haven’t re-synchronized items after you changes settings in the store preferences.

We fixed it in 2020r2 version of Acumatica where resync will be happening automatically. In 2020r1 it has to be done manually.

If that is the case you should do Reset Sync in the entities page and sync availability one more time for all the entities.

Userlevel 6
Badge

@smarenich 

This fixed the issue of SKU 3005E, which is in Ketchikan, showing up on our Big Commerce website, which is configured to only show items in Anchorage. SKU 3005E is no longer on our website (which is now correct). Thank you.  

Here is what I found when i followed your instructions. Please note what I found is slightly different than what you said I would find: 

1. Inventory Summary showed 1 3005E in inventory in Ketchikan (and 0 in inventory in Anchorage), which is correct.
  2. Big Commerce showed 1 SKU 3005E in inventory (and it should not show 3005E at all because we have 0 in inventory in Anchorage and our website is configured to show only Anchorage inventory).
  3. In the Sync Status Screen 3005E showed “Not Found” (which is not correct as we have 1 in Ketchikan)
  4. I selected 3005E and did a sync as you suggested.  AFTER the sync the Sync Status screen shows 3005E in stock (the sync “found” the SKU 3005E). This is now correct. 
  5. I reload Big Commerce and SKU 3005E is not longer on the website.  This is now fixed and correct.  
  6. As you suggested I ran “Re-Set Sync” for the tenant “Availability”. (I did not run it for any other entity.)  After the Re-Set Sync” completed, I checked the website and looked for items in Ketchikan that had been incorrectly showing on the website.  And all of SKUs previously incorrectly showing up were fixed (and no longer showed up).  So, I believe you have given me the instructions to fix this issue.  

Thank you so much.  

PS: Should I run “Re-Sync” for the other tenants? 

Doug

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi Doug,

Thanks for checking and I glad that it helped! If you have the same problem with the other tenants/stores feel free to do it there too. Also you are right that you did Reset Sync only for Availability - it is the right approach.

Please note that you need to do this only once, when you change settings of the warehouses/locations.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved