Solved

Is it safe to Clean SMEmail table in Database, because Emails can NOT be truly deleted from Screen.

• 18 May 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hello,

We use Acumatica to send emails often, and the outing going emails are actually not needed. It takes me a lot time and effort to delete them twice on screen “All emails” CO409070.     

But I happened to find these records, even if I have clicked delete twice on screen to delete(first time make processed to deleted, second time makes it disappeared from screen.)

The table space usage are NOT actually reduced. 
Because it is still in DB, just with “DeletedDatabaseRecord =1 ”.

I am not quite understand why this is designed this way. My question is,  if we just 
Delete * from SMEmail where CreatedDateTime <='2022-09-30 20:30:55.027' and DeletedDatabaseRecord =1 .  
      Would it be OK?

icon

Best answer by ray20 6 June 2023, 02:46

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

To whom also be interested, I have tried in both test and production environment,
If I run 
Delete * from SMEmail where CreatedDateTime <='2022-09-30 20:30:55.027' and DeletedDatabaseRecord =1 .
It looks like no issue be brought in.  
But please keep in mind, you should be extremely careful to run this script and better with fully data backup. 

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thank you for sharing your solution with the community @ray20 !

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved