Solved

How to set lockout parameters on inactive users

• 26 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

I want to set up a rule that when a user has logged into Acumatica and remains idle the system must lock them out after a specific period. For instance if an user has logged on and remains inactive for 2 minutes, is this possible?

icon

Best answer by manikantad18 5 September 2022, 21:21

View original

4 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

I would like to understand the reason for locking out a user after only 2 minutes. 

If I was logged out every time I had to answer a text from a customer, think about a Case before answering, or refill my coffee, …. over and over all day long, I might “go off the deep end”, go crazy!

Being logged out constantly all day long might drive a worker to look for work elsewhere, in a labor environment where it’s hard to hire enough people.  They will think Acumatica is a bad accounting system, and not want to work with it.

Some of my clients think the default 1 hour System Timeout is too early.  We’ve had to increase the default timeout to 2 hours for a few clients.

Are you sure you want only 2 minutes? 

Badge +18

The system automatically times out after 1 hour of inactivity. At that point the User must log in again. Do you want the system to automatically time out sooner?

Is your system Hosted in the Cloud? If yes: If you want Acumatica to decrease the time and lock out users after 30 minutes only, for example, you can enter a support ticket with Acumatica or with your partner if you don't have access to support, and Acumatica can change the time for you.

Is your system locally installed? Your IT department will need to adjust the timeout in this case. If you need help to change timeout on your local installation, let us know.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @kudzaim20 https://www.augforums.com/forums/everything-else/default-session-timeout-login-expiration/#:~:text=By%20default%2C%20Acumatica%20allows%20you,config%20file.&text=If%20you%20are%20using%20Google,from%20the%20Chrome%20Web%20Store.

The above article gives you some web,config settings to increase or decrease timeout if you are running Acumatica on Local premises.

If you are running on SAAS reach out to Acumatica support

Thanks

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @kudzaim20 https://www.augforums.com/forums/everything-else/default-session-timeout-login-expiration/#:~:text=By%20default%2C%20Acumatica%20allows%20you,config%20file.&text=If%20you%20are%20using%20Google,from%20the%20Chrome%20Web%20Store.

The above article gives you some web,config settings to increase or decrease timeout if you are running Acumatica on Local premises.

If you are running on SAAS reach out to Acumatica support

Thanks

Thanks, this should help let me make changes to the web.config file

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved