Question

Has Anyone Else Noticed Slower System Performance Post-Upgrade?

• 11 October 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello,

We recently updated from 2021 R1 to 2022 R2 and have noticed a significant decrease in system performance, specifically in page load times, API document creation/updates/extraction, and certain processes (although some have improved, others have become slower).

I would appreciate it if you could share your experiences with me.
Has your organization encountered similar performance issues after updating to 2022 R2? If so, how were they addressed?

Your insights will be greatly beneficial in helping us resolve these challenges.

Thank you for your time and assistance.
Best regards

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @shlomo20 

I had this same issue that I asked and here is the link that you can see the suggestions.

https://community.acumatica.com/system-health-and-performance-118/slowness-after-upgrade-18342

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The System Monitor screen and the Request profiler comes handy when it comes to identifying the issues with slowness of the API calls and process.

Below are the next steps:

• Identify the process that are slow after upgrade. 
  • Review the release notes
  • Review the Known Issues 
  • If none of the above helps and if this is SaaS Acumatica instance, then create a case with Acumatica with the details of the issue.

Screenshots for reference.

If your integrations uses message Ques and Push notifications, then you could also review them as shown below:

Thanks

Userlevel 1

@kandybeatty49  @ChandraM  Thank you for your response

To add a bit of context to this conversation, I have gone through the checklist and I did not find any specific issues(although there were some lengthy requests, which are not limited to a single screen but rather appear across various areas of the system)

The only things that helped a bit and it only helped for page load time, was increasing the site request timeout variable, and adding type relationships to some GIs. 

At this point, it feels like it's a general issue, hence my reaching out to see if others experienced the same thing….

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@kandybeatty49  @ChandraM  Thank you for your response

To add a bit of context to this conversation, I have gone through the checklist and I did not find any specific issues(although there were some lengthy requests, which are not limited to a single screen but rather appear across various areas of the system)

The only things that helped a bit and it only helped for page load time increasing the site request timeout variable, and adding type relationships to some GIs. 

At this point, it feels like it's a general issue, hence my reaching out to see if others experienced the same thing….

It’s an issue that I’ve seen. I’ve seen it also speed up after the upgrade is complete in a few days or so. 

Userlevel 1

It’s an issue that I’ve seen. I’ve seen it also speed up after the upgrade is complete in a few days or so. 

Did it happen on the same version? or is it a known (unknown) thing that general performance can be slow after an upgrade?

For us it has been almost a month, I sure hope it speeds up soon….😰

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Did it happen on the same version? or is it a known (unknown) thing that general performance can be slow after an upgrade?

For us it has been almost a month, I sure hope it speeds up soon….😰

It’s been a few versions. Have you had your Acumatica partner put a support ticket in? A month is a bit longer than I have seen?

Userlevel 1

Yes, we have a ticket open and its working on improving performance on a case-by-case/screen-by-screen basis. While we have seen some improvements, the current performance is still not optimal (nor is it at the same level as the previous version).

I want to emphasize that I'm not downplaying the support efforts; rather, I'm trying to assess if the issue is specific to our large usage (scale, which wasn't an issue on the old version) or if it's related to the new version or another factor

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved