Solved

CS Error: Cannot generate the next number for the BATCH sequence because it is expired.

• 24 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi, I am trying to release this attached bill but keep on getting this error, I have updated the numbering sequence as well for some reason few bills are still returning this error. Anyone else encountering same problem?

icon

Best answer by Umair 24 August 2023, 05:13

View original

4 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

The message is saying the BATCH number sequence is expired.

You have shown us AP Bill sequence. Please show us the Batch numbering sequence. Thank you!

Laura

Thanks for replying. Please see attached.

Badge +18

Hello, 

Thank you got the screen shot, thou it doesn’t give us an obvious answer.

Is there any helpful information in Tools —> Trace?

Does it help to advance the last number used by a few numbers and try again? (Is it possible the next number in the sequence already exists?)

Do you have published customizations? Sometimes we need to rule out customizations by temporarily in-publishing them.

Laura

Thanks for replying. It was something to do with the date on sequence number apparently, transaction date should be after  the sequence start date. I have backdated it to couple of years problem fixed.

Appreciate your response.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved