Solved

Copying Tenant Time Duration

• 9 November 2023
  • 5 replies

With our company we have had to refresh out Sandbox Tenant a couple times within the past month. The first time I did this using the Copy Tenant function it took approximately 40 – 45 Minutes. The second time refreshing the Sandbox again and I am now over 70 minutes and it has been at most 30 days since the last refresh using the same function.

For context the we have been on Acumatica for a year and the last size of our data was approximately 13GB averaging 1.08 GB of data each month of production. The time increase within 30 days seems a bit extreme for such a small amount of data. 

My question is if there is any insight anyone could provide as to how the Copy Tenant function works and any potential tips for data management with Acumatica?

Thank you in advance!

icon

Best answer by AndrewBGL 15 December 2023, 01:10

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @dtatum 

What is the type of snapshot you are trying to take? Is it full or settings? Anytime you take a FULL snapshot, it is going to take a while due to the size of the information in the system and from the sounds of it, you are doing this on a regular basis. 

Are you also taking the snapshot in safe mode?

Hi @kandybeatty49,

It will likely be a Full copy of the Tenant understandably it will take longer if it is a full due to data size. I am not taking a snapshot then importing from snapshot. What I am do is using the “Copy Tenant” action under the Tenants menu to overwrite the target tenant data. Yes I am doing this in safe mode by locking the Tenant before running this action.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @dtatum were you able to get answers to your questions? Thank you!

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hello @dtatum,

I recently overwrote our test tenant. We are at 4GB and it took 40 minutes. I normally let the copy tenant function run overnight.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Also I learned from creating snapshots you can go to Apply Updates and schedule the lockout and then turn it off after you start your snapshot or copy tenant.

That way in the morning your team can log in with out being in maintenance mode.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved