Solved

Shopify connector change variant Inventory Policy based on mapping

• 6 April 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Anyone know if it’s possible to set the variant Inventory Policy in Shopify based on the Item Status of the stock item in Acumatica? I’ve played around with the Export Mapping under the Stock Item entity but I can’t seem to get it to work. The Inventory Policy is a checkbox in Shopify so I tried the below formula but it had no affect in Shopify:

icon

Best answer by KarthikGajendran 18 April 2023, 17:54

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

You can manage inventory policy on the stock items screen under the ecommerce tab.

For future reference, if you want to see what fields you can map open up any screen in Shopify. For example open up an order or the products screen in Shopify and add .json at the end of the order or item URL. This is the data used by the connector to bring order information or item information into Acumatica and vice versa. If you open the .json in Firefox browser, the browser will organize the data in the json to be easier to read.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@brendan91 - we use Template items in Acumatica; it seems that this setting on the variant is only controlled by the Ecommerce tab on the Template Item. Is that correct? I’ve tried adjusting the settings on the Stock Item and nothing happens until I make the change to the Template Item.

This would not be ideal because we would need the Inventory Policy to be managed by the matrix items (independent from the Template). 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@brendan91 - we use Template items in Acumatica; it seems that this setting on the variant is only controlled by the Ecommerce tab on the Template Item. Is that correct? I’ve tried adjusting the settings on the Stock Item and nothing happens until I make the change to the Template Item.

This would not be ideal because we would need the Inventory Policy to be managed by the matrix items (independent from the Template). 

Gotcha, I understand your issue. I have not yet encountered this scenario, but this does seem like a design issue. I would like to learn how to work around this in the future as well.

Maybe @josh.fischer can weigh in.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@mikeho  Which version are you using? in 22R1 this changed as per the below table. 

Here No Changes means that connector does not modify the existing value in Shopify. Yes means sets the check box as True and No means sets the checkbox as False. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @KarthikGajendran - we are on 21R1 (in the process of upgrading to 22R2). Could it be a matter of this working correctly once we are finished upgrading?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@mikeho  That's right. But as always before the upgrade please test all your scenarios. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@KarthikGajendran - can you advise where I can find that table (in the screenshot you provided) in the documentation? I’d like to review this further in depth and see if there are any changes in 23R1.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved