Solved

Shipify to Acumatica The applied amount cannot exceed the unbilled balance.

• 6 November 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I've set up a connection between my Shopify and Acumatica systems. When a customer placed an order and made a payment, it resulted in the creation of an order (SO.30.10.00) and a prepayment (AR.30.20.00).
However, today, the customer decided to cancel the order. Now, when I check the 'Sync History,' I've encountered an error message stating, 'The applied amount cannot exceed the unbilled balance.' What might I have done incorrectly? Why is Acumatica preventing me from syncing this transaction?

P/S   Acumatica version = 2023 R1
Build 23.111.0019

icon

Best answer by jfarrell 6 November 2023, 23:15

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi David! This problem will likely be corrected for you when you upgrade to 2023 R2, it is one of the things they fixed with the latest release. We are upgrading this week due to the same issue. The testing we’ve done in our sandbox suggests that the latest version does fix the problem.

Userlevel 1
Badge

If it is only answer, should I mark it as “Best”?

Userlevel 3
Badge

I’m sure someone has a workaround that is functional enough for 2023 R1 that would be more helpful to you in the short term but I do not have enough knowledge to help you there. Just letting you know there is light at the end of the tunnel with the next upgrade!

Userlevel 1
Badge

also one general question :

It's great that Acumatica is focused on preventing mistakes, but there are situations where human judgment is essential. I'm curious, though – why isn't there an admin role that allows users to bypass these checkpoints? Sometimes, a little flexibility can go a long way in ensuring things run smoothly. Just a thought!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved