Solved

How to restrict "all sales order records" screen

• 16 August 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi All,

I just want to ask regarding how to restrict the visibility of all sales order records and only show my sales order records?

Please refer to the screenshot below.

Regards,

Nadia

icon

Best answer by BenjaminCrisman 14 July 2023, 17:22

View original

7 replies

Badge +16

Hello @nadia02 ,

We can restrict Sales Orders to those entered by a certain user by adjusting the Sales Order list to show only your Sales Orders, and changing permissions to make the order number and < > navigation buttons inside the sales order screen to be View Only.

Here is a recent post where someone asked the same question about Purchase Orders.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

@nadia02 I am not aware of a way to hide the All Records tab in a GI. If you want to restrict access across the board, edit the primary list GI as follows.

Add a Hidden Parameter

Add a Condition Referencing the Hidden Parameter

Result

Then implement the security @laura01 mentions above to secure the SO screen.

If you have a group of users that should be able to see all sales orders, that can be accomplished as well within the primary list GI.

Userlevel 5
Badge

@nadia02 - You can look into a minor customization to display the Sales Order records based on you login username. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@nadia02 We also have this knowledgebase article which gives some direction to filter a GI based on the logged in user:

The article itself is supposed to be direction after updating to 2020 R2 and the @me condition not working quite the same way, but it gives insight into re-configuring the conditions and it should work for this situation.

It’s not that you are hiding the All Records tab, you are adding a condition to the GI to filter based on the current user = the CreatedByUser or the Owner of the document.

Have you already tried this?

Userlevel 2
Badge

@nadia02I am not aware of a way to hide the All Records tab in a GI. If you want to restrict access across the board, edit the primary list GI as follows.

Add a Hidden Parameter

Add a Condition Referencing the Hidden Parameter

Result

Then implement the security @laura01 mentions above to secure the SO screen.

If you have a group of users that should be able to see all sales orders, that can be accomplished as well within the primary list GI.

@DConcannon Can you please share how to allow a group of users to see all sales orders from the GI? Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Mle45! I do not believe there is a way to do this with conditions, if you need to set varying levels of access this is best managed through Restriction Groups, probably on Customer.

This way you can have some users part of an ALL group which will see all customers, which will mean all orders.

Otherwise you would probably need some type of Parameter to capture the logged in user and then some chain of IIF statements to dictate if the employee or workgroup is entered, show the records or not, but this seems very inefficient compared to the ease of setting up a few restriction groups.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

@Mle45 There are caveats here. If you use work groups for other purposes, I recommend against this :)

I assigned people that should have access to all records to workgroup. I did a cross join to the specific work group and added an or condition that <@me was within the group>.

I could not use restriction groups so this was a workaround

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved