How should the system ideally work if there is only a gift card on the order? Right now, when an order only has a gift card in Shopify, it is immediately fulfilled in Shopify which causes the order not to import into Acumatica

• 5 January 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Please note,

1. Shopify does not immediately fulfill gift card orders automatically. It is by checkout settings.
  2. Even if fulfilled, Acumatica will import these orders.
  3. Acumatica will not import only the Archived orders.  

So with that, what I would suggest you is either you should make Gift Cards not be fulfilled automatically or make the order not to be Archived as soon as it is fulfilled. I would go with the former.

Please see the below screenshot for more clarity. It is excerpt from Shopify Checkout settings. 

1 reply

Problem I am having is we do not automatically capture funds at time of purchase. We capture funds once an item ships. Acumatica sends the shipment up to Shopify and then captures the funds in Shopify. 

How do we get gift cards to automatically fulfill if the payment is set to manual?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved