Solved

Generic Inquiry - edit fields on screen

• 29 October 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi There,

Is it possible to make it so you can edit fields directly on the generic inquiry screen?

For example, I created Attributes for amazon prices and asins, and it would be convenient to be able to edit them on one screen / on the fly for all the products instead of having to go into each item or doing a data import. Would like to create something like the sales prices screen where you can edit all the prices in one spot. 

Thanks in advance for the help. 

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 29 October 2021, 06:24

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@mkideckel  We cannot edit the records from Generic Inquiry but we have option i.e. Enabling the Mass Records Update which will update the same value to all the selected records.

According to me, Import scenario is the best option update the data but since you do not want to go with the data import, you can create a new custom inquiry screen using code(Developer required), which looks like a GI, where you can edit the value on the screen itself and update value.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@mkideckel - i wanted to do this also, but have found that enabling the sidebar view gives me most of what i need here - it allows me to peek into the item on each line and live edit without opening the actual document behind it

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved