Question

Digital Item: Acumatica to Shipstation -

• 18 May 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey everyone, we have a client that’s trying to sync orders from Shopify to Acumatica but they’re shipping orders through Shipstation. Unfortunately, Shipstation is picking up these digital items as physical items from Acumatica but not from Shopify? Is there some sort of work around? 

Given the fact that we cannot alter shipstation’s mapping, is there anything else we can do?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @gusl As I actively worked on the ShipStation plug-in, I don’t see any such configuration that not to export the Digital Items from Acumatica to ShipStation.

But if you need any such solution, please reach out to Kensium!!. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @gusl 

Can I ask you to clarify what you mean by digital items.  Digital items (like PDF documents) are typically setup in Acumatica as non-stock items since you normally don’t keep track of quantity held in inventory.  Also, you wouldn’t normally need Shipstation to ship a digital item.

Best,

David

Userlevel 3
Badge

@DavidEichner Hey there, Digital items in this case are codes that are sent to customers to download programs. The problem here is they’ll sell multiple physical items plus that digital code. So, the sales order and non stock item will be correctly set up in Acumatica but when they get imported from Acumatica to shipstation, the digital items are on the shipment. I’m testing a workaround and only importing shipments and not sales orders. That’s the only thing I can think of. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@gusl  Could you setup the physical items as stock items and the digital code as a non-stock item?  Or are they sold as a kit?

Best,

David

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @gusl were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved