Solved

Acumatica and Big Commerce: More than one customer price class

• 1 July 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge

We need customers to be in more than one Acumatica Customer Price Class for when we sync to Big Commerce.  We need one Customer Price Class for a 10% discount on Item Class A, and one Customer Price Class for a 15% discount on Item Class B.  Our issue is that when we sync to Big Commerce, we seem to be able to put a customer in only one Customer Price Class (called Customer Group in Big Commerce).  Does anyone know how to put a customer in two Customer Groups in Big Commerce?  

icon

Best answer by KarthikGajendran 5 July 2021, 15:15

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@dougmcbride79 This cannot be achieved both in Acumatica and BigCommerce. None of the systems accept to have more one Customer Price Class/Customer Group per Customer. 

I would suggest you to create Customer Price Class based on Item Class. Meaning have one Customer Price Class with respective to Item Class A and another one with respective to Item Class B. By this you can create discounts easily per Customer Price Class/Customer Group/Item Class.

Userlevel 6
Badge

Could you please further explain our suggested solution.  I am not understanding it.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Create one Customer Price Class in Acumatica per Item Class. 

Example: If you have two Items classes A and B then create two Customer Price Classed Retail and Wholesale. Assign all the Customers from Item Class A to Retail and Customers from Item Class B to Wholesale. See below table. The number of Customer Price Classes should be always equal to number of Item Classes. 

Customer Price Class Item Class Customer
Retail A

ABAKERY

CAKEADO

CANDYY

Wholesale B

COFFEESHOP

DELIENERGY

EASYDINER

EQUGRP

Userlevel 6
Badge

I greatly appreciate your example.  Your example solves my issue on the Acumatica side.  My second concern in on the Big Commerce side.  In Big Commerce I believe I can only put the customer in one Customer Price Class / Customer Group.  I need the customer to be in two Customer Price Classes in Big Commerce like I have the customer in Acumatica.  How can I get both Customer Prices Classes to apply to a customer in Big Commerce?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@dougmcbride79 Please recheck my previous responses. Even in Acumatica, you cannot assign a same customer to more than one Customer Price Class or Item Class. Likewise, this cannot be done at BigCommerce as well. 

My suggestion is to have the Customer Price Class/Customer Group per Item Class. By doing this, you can assign discounts per Item Class and that's it. You still wont be able to assign a same customer to more than one Customer Price Class or Customer Group or Item Class. 

Userlevel 6
Badge

Thank you for the clarification.  I appreciate your guidance. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved