Solved

Sync to Shopify is setting items on our online store to the Base Unit, not to the Sales Unit.

• 3 November 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi all! We are currently on 2023R1 and plan to upgrade to 2023R2 very soon.

We have a group of products - safety glasses - that have pricing set by the pair of glasses, but we sell them in box quantity of 12. In the individual stock items and the template items when applicable, the conversion is set with EA as the base unit, BOX as the sales and purchase unit. The EA to BOX conversion is defined. When we export these glasses to the website, the price and product availability are showing up as the Base Unit instead of the Sales Unit, which is not what we want. We would like the export to shopify to use the Sales Unit.

I’m providing a few screenshots here to illustrate the relevant details:

Stock Item Page - Base/Sales/Purchase Units are defined here
Linked Template Item page - Base/Sales/Purchase Units are defined exactly the same way here
Stock Item Price (price differs by lens color so price is defined here, for base UOM)
Vendor purchase unit is set to BOX
Vendor purchase unit is set to BOX
When this item is entered into a sales order, the price defaults to BOX and the price multiplies out from the base price.
This is how the product exports to the website with the default settings.

Does someone here know if this issue will be resolved when we upgrade to 2023R2? Or do we need to customize the export mapping to account for this?

Thank you!

Julia

icon

Best answer by Yuri Karpenko 7 November 2023, 23:37

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hello, @jfarrell !

I’ve heard the opposite requests re: UOM, i.e., some companies have a BOX as a Sales UOM, but want to maintain prices and quantities online in EACH.  From my experience, and according to the documentation, Sales UOM is what is used for inventory export for both, Stock Items, and Template Items:

https://help.acumatica.com/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=2af48c6c-573d-419a-b917-e7e99cd9e86c

https://help.acumatica.com/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=484b638e-d150-4068-9e60-ef0bd592f747

If you’re seeing a different result, you might have a custom mapping set up for these entities.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello, @jfarrell !

I’ve heard the opposite requests re: UOM, i.e., some companies have a BOX as a Sales UOM, but want to maintain prices and quantities online in EACH.  From my experience, and according to the documentation, Sales UOM is what is used for inventory export for both, Stock Items, and Template Items:

https://help.acumatica.com/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=2af48c6c-573d-419a-b917-e7e99cd9e86c

https://help.acumatica.com/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=484b638e-d150-4068-9e60-ef0bd592f747

If you’re seeing a different result, you might have a custom mapping set up for these entities.

Thank you for your answer!

We do not have any custom mapping set up on any entity right now.

We are going to try removing the product from the shopify store and re-syncing it to see if that corrects the problem.

Userlevel 3
Badge

We did remove the product and resync it, which did not change the unit exporting as the base. We are really confused!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@jfarrell , I have just tested this. These are my steps:

1. Created a new SKU with EA as Base UOM, and BOX as Sales UOM (BOX = 4 EA)
  2. Synced the product to Shopify.  The price in Shopify = Default price in Stock Item screen in Acumatica.
  3. Received 10 of these EA’s into Acumatica. Prepared and synced Product Availability entity. The quantity in Shopify is 2, which seems correct to me.

The only issue is the price. The default price in Acumatica is for the Base UOM.

I’ve been testing on 23R1.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thank you @Yuri Karpenko ! I appreciate you taking time to do that. We will try following your steps tomorrow to see if we can replicate. Thank you!!

Badge +1

Hello @jfarrell , @Yuri Karpenko , this issue is already fixed in 2023R113, 2023R204 and later build.

Description:

During the export of a stock, non-stock, or template item to a Shopify store, the item's default price and MSRP were imported in its base UOM instead of its sales UOM.
Fix Description: Now the default price and MSRP are exported as follows:

• Default price: The system looks for an effective sales price defined for the item on the Sales Prices (AR202000) form that meets the following criteria:
    • TypeBase
    • UOM: The item's sales UOM
    • Warehouse: Empty
    • Currency: A currency supported by the Shopify store
    • Break Qty.0 or 1
    If such a sales price exists, it is exported instead of the default price of the item. Otherwise, the item's default price specified on the Price/Cost tab of the Stock Items (IN202500)Non-Stock Items (IN202000), or Template Items (IN203000) form is recalculated for the item's sales UOM according to the UOM conversion rules specified for the item on the General tab.
  • MSRP: The MSRP specified on the Price/Cost tab is recalculated for the sales UOM according to the UOM conversion rules specified for the item on the General tab.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thanks, @Julia Lukina 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Yes thanks a bunch @Julia Lukina !!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved