Question

Stock Item - "No Returns/Non-Refundable"

• 14 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Is there a way to mark a stock item to not accept parts to be “Returned” to inventory and “Non-Refundable” if a customer (and salesperson) try to create an RC?

We sell custom made parts that we don’t want to accept any parts to be returned to inventory for credit. 

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @jhutchinson - I do not believe there is any native functionality for this. You would likely need a customization that uses restriction groups on items/item classes that ties back to the order type. 

Have you considered using an Approval Map for the specific Order Type that would Reject any orders that contain certain Stock Items? I do not believe you can set conditions around item class, so you may need to manage it by Inventory ID, but this may help open another avenue for consideration. 

Userlevel 1

The only reference of “No Returns/Refunds” than putting notes in the stock item note box and inventory description (or memory), but we’ve had issues where employees that forget or are not paying attention to the little details when entering documents (I this is a user problem, not the system).

As far as the suggestions, I don’t think these will improve what we have, there’s still too many variables. There are times when items ship out on the general sales order and the “No Returns” comes into place after the sale, so the order type would not always work. Not to mention, that would also require an employee to remember to enter a different sales order type for items that are non-refundable when we ship out. The approval maps work great when time delays aren’t an issue. We do have an approval map set up for a credit value over a dollar limit, so as long as supervisors look at the inventory items, this works for catching large dollar amounts. We want to stop the process before it even gets a chance to get created, and no one needs to remember where to look if it’s returnable or not. Managing these Individually by Inventory ID isn’t working how we hoped.

I was thinking an inventory status similar to the “No Sales” and “No Purchases” statuses would work, so an Inventory Item could issue out, but not returned, and therefore not capable of being added to an RC (or other return order type).

Has anyone else asked about something like this that you know of?

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @jhutchinson - In my scenario, the Approval map would only apply to the Order Types for Return. The original sales orders would not be affected, only the RMA/RC order types that the approval map is applied to when the return order is created.

Maybe someone in the community will have another idea since this would not be an ideal scenario either way.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @jhutchinson were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 1

@Chris Hackett No, unfortunately not.  We decided against using the suggested order types and approval maps process because this would still require employees to use that order type for returns and for the approver to read notes in stock items.  If the dollar amount or quantity returned is low, the extra time to process would not be worth it.

I'm still hoping to find a better solution for us down the road. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved