Solved

How to specify variant option name when syncing new products to Shopify store

• 10 August 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

When a new matrix item is synced to Shopify, the Variant Option Name defaults to “Title”.

Is there a way in Acumatica to change the Variant Option Name to something else?

icon

Best answer by Yuri Karpenko 15 August 2023, 23:40

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@mikeho , sure, the option name should be coming from Acumatica with the attribute name as a value. Title is a default option name in Shopify and is assigned to each and every product, even when you don’t have variants. Some screenshots would help here, that depict your set up in Acumatica, and what is pushed to Shopify, as well as how it looks in Shopify.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @Yuri Karpenko - Sure, here are some screenshots, but let me know if there’s anything else you’d like to see:

Item Class settings:

Template item Configuration tab:

Template Item Creation tab:

How these variant option names look in Shopify:

In the above example, we actually only had the “New” variant created in Shopify. So I tried changing the variant option name of that “New” variant to “Condition” instead of “Title” (which is what we want), then I created the “Refurbished” matrix item in Acumatica and synced it over to Shopify and the variant option name was changed back to “Title”.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@mikeho , thanks for sharing the details! It seems to be that Shopify might be overriding the option name… But I’m not confident. Can you please provide me with the version of Acumatica you are running for this test, as well as how do you connect to Shopify: is that Shopify’s Acumatica app or some kind of a private / custom app?

I will try to replicate the issue on my instance.

Thanks!

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@Yuri Karpenko - we’re running Build 23.107.0022 and we connect via a custom Shopify app.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@mikeho , I have finally done some testing with this. My product has been exported into Shopify and the option value looks correct:

This is how these products look in Acumatica:

Please note a few things:

1. Attribute CONDITION is set up with type Combo.
  2. Item Class has only 1 attribute of the Variant type (different from your setup).

I recommend you try to follow the set up I have and see if you get a different result. But I don’t see the issue on my instance. If you need more in-depth support, I would recommend talking to your VAR.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Thank you, @Yuri Karpenko. Can you show me what your CONFIGURATION tab looks like for the above Template Item you tested? I’m curious what you’re doing differently.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@mikeho , absolutely! Here it is:

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved