Solved

E-Commerce Unit of Measure Conversion

• 2 February 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Acumatica allows us to create Unit Of Measure Conversions, which is extremely helpful. It allows clients to sell the same item as an ‘each’ or a ‘case’ and counts it as 1 item which can be differentiated in the cross reference as 2 separate barcodes. So the warehouse can scan either the barcode on the individual item (the ‘each’) or the barcode on the case of 4 (the ‘case’).

In Shopify & BigCommerce you are not able to create Unit of Measure conversions. You are required to create a variant for the each and the case instead. With this in mind how can these 2 differences still work with the commerce connector?

It appears to me like I may be forced to have my client create 2 separate stock items in Acumatica, then create a Template item, plus new attributes, then add them to the Item Class, then add these 2 items to the Template item, as well as require them to maintain 2 separate inventories for the same 1 item moving forward just so they can sell it as an ‘each’ or a ‘case.’

I hope there is a solution for this I’m just not aware of or a workaround.

Thanks! 

icon

Best answer by KarthikGajendran 2 February 2023, 20:09

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@fdelrio37 Please check this article I have created it for you. If you have any more questions, please comment in that article. 

Userlevel 3

Here is a short video on how to setup multiple units of measure for the same item for both BigCommerce and Shopify.

Hey Karthik and Paul,

Thanks for posting this! We’ve done this with Stock Item export and Sales Order imports but how can we get it to work with Sales Order exports? We typically see an error that the inventory ID doesn’t match the sale UoM. Am I missing something?

Thanks!
Greg

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@greg27 Sorry, this is by design. In Acumatica, the inventory is calculated based on the UOM so you get the exact inventory in real time based on the UOM. Example each may be 100 qty but if in Case of 5 it would be 20 qty. 

The same concept does not apply in Shopify or BigCommerce. So if you create a order for Case of 5 with order qty 3, then ideally in Shopify 15 each should be decreased but it will only decrease 3 so that's why we had to match with the Product Availability entity which exports using sales UOM to maintain consistency.  

Userlevel 1

@pauldubuque13   Do you know if anything has changed since you posted the video last year?  At the last Summit, I attended a Shopify session and I think they said they were introducing multiple units of measure as a standard feature in Shopify.  I’m curious if the same process of adding the Cross Reference would still be necessary?

Thanks

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved