Solved

Adding a restocking fee to an RC return order

• 14 December 2022
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Is there a preferred method for adding a restocking fee to an RC return order? Our thought was to create a “RESTOCKFEE” non-stock item and add it to the RC with a negative amount to subtract the fee from the return. Does this make sense, or is there a better way to go about this?

icon

Best answer by Kandy Beatty 14 December 2022, 20:05

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @mikeho 

That is the way I have done it before for clients. I think that is your best option. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Thanks for the confirmation, @kandybeatty49!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Happy to help @mikeho 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Or write the amount/percentage in the discount section. 

Userlevel 1

I have suggested doing this through the Discounts Screen → Making a Discount called ‘RESTOCK’ or whatever you wish to call it and applying a negative percent, make it unconditional and Manual so you need to add it for example on RC’s.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@mianniello80 - that’s an interesting option, though I can imagine that could get confusing if the restocking fee shows up on the sales order as a “discount”.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

We’ve been using a non-stock item with a negative Default Price for our restocking fee - We recently upgraded to 23R1 and have discovered that negative values are no longer working on sales orders (including RT orders)

This seems like its possibly an un-intended consequence of the new Mixed-Order types in the automation behavior? But we’re not looking for a mixed order type; simply a way to apply an items discount or fee on returns.

Using a non-stock item is important for us because it allows us to tie the fees to the GL accounts and displays as an itemized fee on the credit memo for the customer

-

Does anyone have a solution for this on 23R1 that does not rely on discounts?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@kyle90 - you’re right, that is no longer working for us after upgrading to 23R1.

@Kandy Beatty - do you have any similar solutions for use in 23R1 and above? Or is the discount the only other option?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@kyle90 - looks like this article provides some more options: 

We’ll probably use Option 1 ourselves as it seems to keep all of the old functionality regarding tying to the correct GL accounts:

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Thanks @mikeho - I don’t know why we didn’t think to try a negative quantity?!

We had been using a negative value on the Premium Freight value, which happened to align with our GL account for return fees but it doesn’t display well on printed documents

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved