Solved

Acumatica/Shipstation Error on Shipments

• 19 October 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey everyone, 

I’m currently working on this error and trying a few different things on the Shipstation Configuration settings as well as the the Acumatica to Shopify Entity settings. I’m not seeing it at all on the community so I figured I’d post it here while I work on it. If anyone has any suggestions, please send them my way. 

This shipment cannot sync due to this error. It seems to only be an issue on a handful of shipments but it’s possible that this might be a continued error. 

“Error on errors : All fulfillment orders must have the same delivery method type. Multiple delivery method types ["none", "shipping"] were found.;”

icon

Best answer by Yuri Karpenko 23 October 2023, 22:52

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@gusl , I’ve seen (and fixed this error in Celigo), but I thought Acumatica Connector won’t ever catch it. The issue is that some lines are shipped with a carrier, and have a tracking number, tracking carrier, etc., while some other lines are not shipped in the same manner. Often times, this happens when you have an app in Shopify to add a shipping insurance, but there could be other reasons.  In order to give you a better idea of what’s wrong, can you please share the screenshots of the order in Shopify (where all the line items are visible), this same order in Acumatica, and then the shipment that’s erroring (showing the Details tab, Orders tab, Shipping tab, and finally Packages tab)?

Thank you and thanks for asking the question!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @gusl 

Is this issue still persisting for you ?  Are you able to execute the shipment confirmation from inside of Acumatica with the same data ?  

Can we review it on a quick short call on Monday ?  

Regards

Sai 

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Sai Chettiar This is still an issue. I’m seeing that there are generally two items here: a service item (digital item) and a physical item. In this case, the service item is set as shippable. These items are being shipped in the shipment together. My hypothesis here is that the items need to be configured to be invoiced only. I’ll run some tests. I’m available for a call today or tomorrow. 

@Yuri Karpenko Please see response above. I’ll take some screenshots of the progress and post them after I run some tests. 

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@gusl , I’m pretty sure I know the issue.  Items you mentioned as digital do not require shipment in Shopify.  Therefore, when an order is created with this item, it’s put into a bucket with shipping_method “none”.  But since that product is on the shipment in Acumatica, Acumatica tries to fulfill it, which requires the product to be in the “shipping” shipping_method bucket.

Therefore, you have 3 options:

1. Make these products physical in Shopify, but uncheck Track Inventory, if you care about that (supposedly, you don’t track inventory for these products in Acumatica).
  2. Make these products physical in Shopify, track inventory for them, and have them as Stock Items in Acumatica.  Not sure if you want it.
  3. And finally, you can keep these products as digital in Shopify, and in Acumatica they should be non-stock items, not requiring shipping.  This way, they won’t be on shipments in Acumatica, and Acumatica won’t try to ‘ship’ them in Shopify, which will take care of the error you mentioned in your original post.
Userlevel 3
Badge

@Yuri Dorovskikh I think I recall my previous employer having Gift Cards to be shipped from some sort of of separate warehouse (digital items only). Then, they allowed for shipping on this item from that warehouse (items not tracked in shopify) as they shipped separately. I think this might help them. It might come with extra steps, but do you think that’s a viable solution?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@gusl , I think you misspelled my name in the comment above, but answering your question, I don’t think you will be able to continue doing that. This has become an issue after Shopify changed their fulfillment order processing. It changed a lot. Technically, Acumatica can possibly find a way to handle all of those different scenarios in the connector, but I would think it’s a more long-tern solution vs. what you need working here and now.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved