Solved

Warning in Generic Inquiry RESULTS GRID

• 6 December 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I’ve been testing 23R2.  In many Generic Inquiry definitions I get the warning shown below.  The message makes no sense, when I run the inquiry it does display these field and my user has sufficient rights and there was no warning like this in 22R2.  This issue introduced in 23R2.  Anyone else seen this or have an idea what cause sthis?

icon

Best answer by andrewleusink 20 February 2024, 17:39

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi,

This is just a warning sign of missing features that might have not been enabled but are part of the module.

This will not impact any data or information.
Enabling these inactive features related to the module should remove the warning.

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 3
Badge

I understand what you are saying but I don’t think this is that.  I have everything enabled in this 23R2 test instance as I do in the 22R2 test/dev instance and do not see these warnings there.  I am seeing this warning on many standard GI’s.  For example, the above is the Customer List and you see many “Customer” fields with this warning.  Same goes for Vendors PL GI and Projects list.  I know it isn’t an access rights thing and not sure what feature would be missing that would prompt error for Customer.AcctCD or AcctName.  Something seems odd - I’ll keep digging but yes it doesn’t really appear to impact anything..

Thanks for the response.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @kyoung14 were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 3
Badge

No.  Previous person thought it was because something wasn’t enabled but that isn’t it from what I can tell.  Something in 23R2 causing this issue.  However, near as I can tell it isn’t really impacting anything other than an annoying incorrect warning so I haven’t followed up on it further.  

Userlevel 4
Badge

I agree, we just ran into this issue over the weekend when we upgraded our client and this could be a annoying warning sign but totally not acceptable for Customers and Partners serving our clients. I was told this warning is for the fact “Matrix items” feature is not enabled and Why should we enable that feature? Our client is in MFG edition and they don’t need Item matrix feature. if it worked in 2022 R2 then it should work in 2023 R2 as well. Please remove this un-necessary warning signs, one less thing to worry. 

I had a similar issue:

I also opened a case with Acumatica support, and got an unexpectedly quick answer.

The gist:

This is a known issue that is scheduled to be fixed in 24R2.

However, it is supposed to be cosmetic and should not have a functional impact.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved