Solved

Updating HTML Description so that it displays correctly in a report.

• 17 August 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

I’ve imported HTML descriptions, but they are not displaying correctly in a report. They are displaying correctly on the stock items screen - just not the report where it is needed.

If I go to the stock items screen and make one small change, Acumatica will rewrite the HTML and it will then display correctly in a report. 

Anybody have any ideas for updating these descriptions so that Acumatica will rewrite the description HTML. Should I put a ticket in for a SQL script? Will that resolve the issue?

Imported HTML

Imported Display

Report Display
Display After adding a minor change to the description - Acumatica rebuilt the HTML

icon

Best answer by BenjaminCrisman 24 August 2023, 21:12

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @bwhite49! Do you have the setting on the field displaying the HTML as ConvertHTMLtoText?

One major difference though is that this is just a conversion and will not work in some situations or with complex HTML. I’ve seen this come up before and if the setting can work for you then it’s great, but if not then I think it could be a good candidate for product enhancement if it’s possible in Report Designer

Userlevel 1

Thanks @BenjaminCrisman . Yes, this setting is on, but it’s not working for the imported HTML, but it is working for the HTML after Acumatica rewrites it after adding a space or adding some other small change in the text editor.

I’m hoping for a solution to mass “re-write” the HTML. There are about 1,800 items that need to have the HTML modified so that it displays correctly in the report.

Any ideas?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@bwhite49 Apologies, I misread the initial cause and I thought you had lots of HTML markup in item description and were trying to display it in the report.

I see now that the description is what is incorrect, have you tried running an import scenario to update this? I can’t think of a time I’ve seen this before so I don’t have something on hand to draw off, but I think that would be the quickest way if possible

Userlevel 1

I’m not sure what that import scenario would look like. I created an import scenario to import the HTML, and that imported HTML is displaying correctly in the next editor (Breaks are in the right place, etc.)

It's just that report designer does not want to read it correctly.

I need a script that would go into the text editor, add a space or something to the existing description in the visual editor (not html), and have Acumatica regenerate the HTML.

I don’t think I can do that through an import scenario, correct?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@bwhite49 I don’t know that I’ve tried that before, but I can test and report back

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@bwhite49 I reviewed importing into a different type of input but found that it is not possible to change the format via import scenario unfortunately.

I found some internal documentation which mentioned for importing into item descriptions it is best to leave as HTML to do the import and using anything else can results in errors which require direct SQL manipulation to undo.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved