Solved

Trying to change an image in report designer

• 7 November 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Our invoice form contains a gif with our address that has a typo in it.  I would like to replace the image.  However, when I go into report designer, click on the image (which is a picture box) the properties, Data  shows “Database” and I cannot determine where that image would be located. (see screenshot attached)   Does anyone know how to find and change a database image in a form in report designer?  At the moment I am working with form SO643000 but would have to make the same change in a few other forms.  Any feedback would be helpful.

icon

Best answer by Connor Morse 7 November 2023, 19:04

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @lorneweinstein,

Have you checked the Report Logo from the Branches (CS102000) screen? This is where Acumatica default reports pull the default pictures/logos from the “Database” source.

If you would prefer to upload your own image for a singe report, you can follow the steps below.

1. Click outside (in the Yellow area) of the report and select the “Embedded Images” property.
  2. Upload the Picture
  3. Create a new Picture Box and/or update the existing picture’s SOURCE to “Embedded”
  4. Select the Picture you have uploaded as the VALUE. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @lorneweinstein 

Please check the value in the report designer 

Images can be picked from various tables saved in the instance.

• Select a data field and load an image from it. In Acumatica ERP, all images are stored in the UploadFile table. For an image inserted in a report from the database, you specify the following properties for the PictureBox element:
    • Data > SourceDatabase
    • Data > Value: =[UploadFile.Name]
  • Here my file is loading from branches based on the values given in the screenshot.
Userlevel 1

Thanks for the responses.  I would prefer to use the one central database source, but our configuration of branches looks different than yours.  See the image below.  Is there another way to find it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

could 

Hi @lorneweinstein 

Please check the value in the report designer 

Images can be picked from various tables saved in the instance.

• Select a data field and load an image from it. In Acumatica ERP, all images are stored in the UploadFile table. For an image inserted in a report from the database, you specify the following properties for the PictureBox element:
    • Data > SourceDatabase
    • Data > Value: =[UploadFile.Name]
  • Here my file is loading from branches based on the values given in the screenshot.

Could you please share screenshot like above?

Userlevel 5
Badge

@lorneweinstein - Select the Branch ID on Branches GI (CS1020PL) to open it to the Branches (CS102000) Settings. If it does not open to the branch settings, then you may not have access. 

Userlevel 1

Thanks everyone for the wonderful suggestions.  I was able to find the image and now can replace it.  Much appreciated.  

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved