Solved

Tabular Report Subtotal

• 11 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi All, 

I have created a tabular report and wanted to have a subtotal at the end of the report columns. I have found these ideas on the community regarding on the subtotal columns of the tabular report. 

Ability to create subtotal or total columns using a tabular report | Community (acumatica.com)

Since that subtotal functionality does not exist in the standard tabular report functionality, do you have any ideas on how I can put a subtotal on a tabular report?

I tried to hardcode the column bucket which is the account group on my report. Unfortunately, the figure is not showing on the correct bucket if there are similar cost code that has been used for multiple account group. Below are my groupings and report output for reference. 

In the below sample report, how can I consolidate the row lines per cost code and show the on the correct account group bucket?

REPORT OUTPUT:

I have tried to set the grouping for the Division to cost code to consolidate the value of the report per cost code. But unfortunately, the value of the split bucket is consolidated into 1 bucket. See below screenshot for the report output and groupings.

REPORT OUTPUT:

Appreciate any help on this.

Thank you very much. ​​​​​​​

icon

Best answer by meganfriesen37 11 April 2024, 19:51

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey there, 

Thanks for voting on my idea! Unfortunately, I’ve never been able to get any sort of “row totals” working in a tabular report.  It would be a great feature if they add it.

With the data that you have, are you able to put it into a generic inquiry and use the pivot table feature in Acumatica to view it?  Or are your columns always consistent?  If so, have you considered using static rows and using more complex formulas to generate the same result (i.e if the group code is labor, then sum the values, else 0).  

I’ve also posted a bit more about this here: https://www.augforums.com/forums/acumatica-report-designer/ability-to-add-a-total-column-on-a-tabular-report/#post-5577

Megan

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @meganfriesen37

Thank you for your response. 

Yes. I have tried to create a pivot table and I’ve sort of getting the required results. Unfortunately, in the Pivot table I cannot do a subtotal per cost code unlike on the tabular report. 

I have also tried to use the static rows and columns value, but the result is not reflecting on the correct bucket if the cost code has been used to a multiple account group bucket. 

Do you have any idea on how I can put a header group name per cost code in the pivot table?

Thank you. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @meganfriesen37 , 

I have figured out how to present the subtotals to the pivot report by adding additional cost code and split by segment. Though I haven’t figured out how to add a group header name per cost code division yet. 

Thanks for your help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@ASamson21 Have to tried concatenating the Cost Code number with the Cost Code description in the inquiry underneath?  Then you should be able to get (or the Segment with the Segment name?)

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved