Skip to main content
Solved

SUM Calculated Columns - Percentages

• 23 May 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello, 

I created a large report that required row codes, hidden calculated columns, and summed columns. Unfortunately, I am having trouble being able to SUM the percentage and division columns in my second image. Is there a certain formula or way to be able to SUM the calculated percentages? I think I’m having trouble because these are “Calc” columns. Any assistance would be very appreciated!!

Column Set
Needing SUM**
​​​​​​

Regards,

Brandon McIlhargey

3 replies

Badge +18

Hello @brandonm ,

How many different Base Rows are you using in your Row Set?  Is there only one? (All rows as a % of Total Revenue, for example?)

If there is only one Base Row, Total Revenue, what is the Row # of Total Revenue?

When there is only one Base Row, we can directly divide by the Base Row using a hard coded row#, calculation like this in column D:

=B/B0100.

where 0100 is the Total Revenue line and Column B figures are being used to calculate the %.

I hope this idea works, to calculate % on total lines as well as detail lines.

Laura

Userlevel 2

Hi Laura,

It’s always a pleasure bumping into you on the discussion board. 

I’m currently using two base row codes. In order to get the ODC/Closed Homes I used a different base code to multiply the total for the cell in the hidden column by the calculated % column. Am I able to also use this highlighted row to sum the numbers under the lines?? 

Row Set
Column Set

Badge +18

Hello,

On the grand total, there is a setting in the “Column” column, = 1. When you remove the 1 from Column, do your totals print?

Unrelated to the not printing column - have you considered using Account Classes to design your reports? It’s easier than listing individual accounts on all the lines of the Row Set.  To design reports using Account Classes:

1. Group above accounts into one Account Class on Chart of Accounts.
  2. Refer to Account Class from step 1 on Data Source section of the Row. Expand by account.

Laura