Solved

Subreport not displaying values

• 13 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hello Community,
I have been trying to display the values of a subreport in a newly designed report. The subreport, when run individually, displays the correct results, but when added in a report it doesn’t display the values. 

The main report:

The parameter that I have added:

Subreport:

Attaching the report for reference:
​​​​​​​

icon

Best answer by Harshita 14 November 2023, 10:39

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

If you believe the subreport is correct, can you try moving the fields on the subreport from the PageHeader section to one of the group sections or the detail section and run a quick test to see if the results are visible?

It’s been awhile but I thought you are not able to bring in report/page headers and footer sections on a subreport into the main report - I typically use the group header/footer sections to bring information into the main report.

If that doesn’t solve your issue, I would view the Trace after printing the main report to see if there are any background errors when executing. At a glance, your parameters look good but sometimes there are issues when passing to a subreport, especially with Project ID field. I’ve found including a join to the PMProject DAC and then filtering by PMProject.ContractID or CD in the subreport usually resolves any issues there.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

If you believe the subreport is correct, can you try moving the fields on the subreport from the PageHeader section to one of the group sections or the detail section and run a quick test to see if the results are visible?

It’s been awhile but I thought you are not able to bring in report/page headers and footer sections on a subreport into the main report - I typically use the group header/footer sections to bring information into the main report.

If that doesn’t solve your issue, I would view the Trace after printing the main report to see if there are any background errors when executing. At a glance, your parameters look good but sometimes there are issues when passing to a subreport, especially with Project ID field. I’ve found including a join to the PMProject DAC and then filtering by PMProject.ContractID or CD in the subreport usually resolves any issues there.

Hello @mbridges00 ,
I have established the following join in the subreport:

And the result of the subreport is displayed correct:

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Now coming to the part of the main report,
I added the same subreport, with the same parameter :

Upon running the main report,
It only displays the text from the subreport, but not the values of a data field:

Also to mention here, the parameters being used for the main report, the external parameter and the one used in subreport are all same. 

the parameter applied on Main Report

External Parameter
Parameter in subreport

I assume if the issue is related to the parameters part?
Attaching the trace after generating the main report:

Also attaching the XML file for both main & sub reports:

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hello @mbridges00 ,
The issue has been resolved. The point where I had made mistake what in the External Parameter part where I has to use the name of the parameter same as that of the subreport one.

& now the report displays the correct value:

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thank you for sharing your solution with the community @Harshita!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved