Skip to main content

Hi everyone!

My AR Aging and AR Aged Period Sensitive reports do not sort in alphabetical order by customer name but rather by the Customer ID in chronological order and it drives our accounting team crazy. We have a bunch of customer names that are everywhere on the report instead of them being laid out in a concise manner.

Tried to reach out and have this fixed but I am having no luck. Can someone advise on this please?

Thank you!

Hello @jdunmire ,

Did you notice this previous post that shows examples of sorting by Name in both the AP and the AR Aging reports?

I hope this helps you.  If not, can you post a screen shot of your sorting/grouping settings as they stand today in Acumatica Report Designer?

If you need to download the report writer, here is a link to information on where/how to download Acumatica Report Writer:

https://community.acumatica.com/reports%2Dand%2Dgeneric%2Dinquires%2D115/where%2Dto%2Ddownload%2Dacumatica%2Dreport%2Ddesigner%2D15863?tid=15863

Laura

In the Grouping area of the Report Designer you should see the current grouping/sorting configured based on the Customer ID, updating this to the Customer name field should give you what you’re looking for. 

Hello @jdunmire 

In Report Designer, click to open the Grouping Collection

Then open the Collection Editor for group4 

In the collection Editor for group4, click the ellipses at the end of the expression to open the expression editor.

In the expression editor switch out the AcctCD fields with the respective AcctName fields.

Once this is done, it may work, but like will need to check the next group under group4, groupCustomer, and switch out the AcctCD reference there also: