Solved

Side panel only shows first record?

• 23 October 2021
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello,

I’m having some issues adding a side panel to a GI that I made. For some reason, it will only show data associated with the first record, even if a different line is selected. This wasn’t always the case; when I first added it it worked just fine, but I have made some changes since then and I’m not sure what could have broken it. Has anyone else encountered this issue? 

icon

Best answer by eleanorp 28 October 2021, 20:46

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @eleanorp  Hope you have provided the Navigation Parameters for the Side Panel.

If you have already provided and still facing this problem, please share the GI here.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Naveen B, thank you for your reply! I have set those up, you can see below.

Sorry, how do I go about sharing the GI on here?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@eleanorp  Please follow the below steps

• Open the Generic Inquiry screen
  • Select the respective GI
  • On the COPY action dropdown, we have “Export as XML“ option. It will generate the XML format of GI.
  • Please share the XML file here.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thank you! I have included it here. Let me know if there’s any more info you’d need, and thank you so much for your help! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @eleanorp  Can you please confirm that the below is highlighted GI, which you created on the instance ?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Naveen B, yes that is a GI that I made. Do you need a copy of it as well? I also just noticed that all navigation is coming from the first record, even the default navigations I haven’t adjusted, like the customer record opening in a new window from the customer ID. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@eleanorp   Understood, Please share this GI as well. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Naveen B Thank you, I’ve attached it here.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello @Naveen B, I hope your week is going well! I was wondering if you’d had any luck? Thank you so much! 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Update: @Naveen B 

I just remade the GI from the ground up, checking after each step to make sure it was still working, and I couldn’t replicate the issue. Guess it was a glitch or something? Either way I have a working GI now so all is well. Thanks for your help! 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved