Question

Show Generic Inquiry in Customization

• 11 March 2024
  • 5 replies

Could someone please point me in the right direction, I am trying to display a Generic inquiry inside a customization in order to add more functionality to the generic inquiry that I have with a few action menu items.

I have looked through the full customization documentation for Acumatica and it only shows adding the generic inquiry inside the customization but not displaying it in the grid. I have looked through the forums here and struggling to find the answer.

I would just like this exact form with the ability to change the customization to remove the update all from the new screen created.

Thanks for the help.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@QEDELouw Can you please help us with some screenshots?

I have this page which is just a generic inquiry:

I am trying to add functionality to allow for the Submit To finance checkbox to be selected directly from this page or allow for multiple items to be selected and have an action item which says submit to finance and all selected items will turn the Submit To finance Checkbox to True.

The Submit to Finance is already a customization which I have added these database fields and customized the pro invoice screen to include it.

So my thinking was to take this generic inquiry as is, as put it in a customization to allow extra functionality on the page to allow for either option that I have mentioned above, but struggling with both options as generic inquiries don’t seem allow for checkbox’s to be ticked and edited directly on the generic inquiry and I am struggling to find the resources how to show the generic inquiry inside the customization inside a new page.

Please let me know if you want more information.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@QEDELouw  Generic Inquiries are only for VIEW purposes.

If you want to modify the details using Generic Inquiry then you need to go with the Generic Inquiry → Entry Point → Enable Mass Records Update, enable this checkbox and do update the fields.

Here is the article for your reference.

https://www.greytrix.com/blogs/acumatica/2022/08/02/acumatica-mass-update-with-generic-inquiry/

Attached screenshot.

Hope this helps!!

Hi Naveen

Thanks I have enabled that and tried that, but the main reason I do not want to enable that option is this will be for staff to have access to, and I want to be able to turn off the update all option from this, as if a staff member accidentally selects update all instead of update, it will cause chaos in the system.

So this is why I have gone through the whole process of trying to add a customisation layer to the system giving users the ability to update only selected fields and not the update all function, as with it being a generic inquiry I cannot find a way to remove update all from this page.

Are you able to assist me with another solution that removes update all as well as the current functionality with the update only selected fields?

Thanks so much for the assistance.

Etienne 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@QEDELouw 

Got it. Could you please replicate the existing Generic Inquiry while excluding access for the staff team and proceed with the task?

If the above method doesn't yield results, you can resort to the import scenario. This involves uploading records via an Excel file and updating the field accordingly.

Alternatively, another option is to pursue customization by implementing a straightforward screen customization and do not provide the access to anybody except Admins.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved