Solved

Show current A/R balance on payment and applications screen AR3020PL

• 20 October 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi,

I have a client that wants to show the current A/R balance owed on the Payments and Applications screen. I am trying to modify the GI but keep on getting errors. What table do I need to join  to show the current A/R balance on the Payments and Applications screen. Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks,

Frances 

icon

Best answer by Laura02 20 October 2023, 12:55

View original

6 replies

Badge +18

Hello Frances,

I don’t think the customer balance is a stored field that can easily be shown in the Preview List GI. I think Aging reports, Customer Balance report and Customer Profiles screen are doing calculations when screens are opened and reports are run, to add/subtract all open documents for the customer and dynamically produce a calculated Customer Balance.

That said, I think it may be easier to take advantage of side panels, to give your client the option to view the Customer Balance or Aging Report easily, while viewing the Payments and Applications GI. Below is an example from Acumatica Sales Demo, showing the AR Aging exposed on the Sales Orders Preview List GI. We can click on any Sales Order, click “AR Aging” and view the Aging report for the one customer whose record is selected on the left side:

Laura

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Laura,

Thanks. Can you share the screenshot of the GI Setting for the side panel on the AR aging.

Thanks,

Frances Pantelidakis

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @fpantelidakis65 were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Chris Hackett 

Hi Chris,

I was able to find a solution.

Thanks, 

Userlevel 1

@fpantelidakis65 : What was the solution you applied?

Userlevel 3
Badge

@adalvi63,

I just created a side panel to view the A/R Balance. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved