Solved

Shipment GI - Add SOOrder - CuryFreightAmt

• 4 January 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello everyone,

I want to compare what I’m charging for shipping versus what I’m paying for shipping.  SOSHIPMENT - CuryFreightAmt, is not equaling SOOrder - CuryFreightAmt, I’m not sure why, so I’m trying to add SOrder - CuryFreightAmt to the Shipments GI.  

I’d like to connect them by the original order number, which as far as I can tell, does not exist in SOShipments.  So I’m trying to use either SOShipLine - OrigOrderNbr or SOOrderShipment - OrderNbr to build the relationship.  I can get it all set up, except the GI is showing duplicates and I’m not sure why.  Please help. 

icon

Best answer by nathankeating 5 January 2023, 21:51

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

@nathankeating   Do you have more than one branch in the site of those shipments that double? It may be that join to branch that is giving you duplicates, depending on the join conditions. If you can post the XML, that helps us help you quicker :)

Userlevel 1

Yes, in Acumatica you can compare the shipping cost against the shipping price of a sales order. To do this, you can use the "Compare Costs and Prices" feature. This feature allows you to compare the actual cost of shipping an order with the price that was charged to the customer.

To access this feature, go to the Sales Orders screen and select the sales order that you want to review. Then, click the "Actions" button and choose "Compare Costs and Prices" from the drop-down menu. This will open a new window that displays a comparison of the shipping cost and price for the selected sales order.

Keep in mind that this feature is only available if you have enabled the "Compare Costs and Prices" option in the "Order Management Preferences" screen. You can access this screen by going to the "System" menu and choosing "Order Management Preferences."

Userlevel 3
Badge

@DConcannon Here is the attached XML.  We do not have more than one branch so I don’t believe that is the issue.  Thanks for the help!

Userlevel 3
Badge

@jsanchez03 Does this feature require a specific module, or part of a newer release?  I’m not seeing this anywhere running 2022 R1 commerce edition.  

Userlevel 1

@nathankeating, it appears I may have quoted a feature that is in development (a customization). That said, I have been reviewing your XML and could the reason we may be seeing duplicates is due to their being multiple shipments against the Sales Order?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thank you for the responses.  I realized accurate Freight Cost and Price were both contained within SOFreightDetail.  I created a separate GI just for shipping cost analysis, which also contains the SOOrder and SOShipment table.  Everything is working as intended now, actually a pretty powerful tool for anyone wanting to really dive into their shipping.  I’ve attached the GI xml if anyone ever needs it.  

Cheers

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thank you for sharing your solution with the community @nathankeating !

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved