Solved

Restriction Group for items

• 27 March 2023
  • 5 replies

I created restriction groups based on item classes, and I see all prebuild reports follow the restriction rules and don’t show up the items for users outside the groups.

However, I created some GI’s on the PO line table and SO line table and it does show up in these reports all items even outside of the users group.

is there anything I'm doing wrong that the system doesn't follow the restrictions on my reports?

icon

Best answer by Pinny 18 May 2023, 18:40

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Pinny 

Can you send a screenshot of ScreenId=SM201030 (Restriction groups) for the restriction group you have created.  Check if specific module has been selected on that screen. 

Regards,

@vkumar see screenshot below, kindly let me know if that's how this should be setup. 

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @Pinny were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

@Chris Hackett Yes, I did.

since the restriction groups does not effect the item line level in excising documents but does effect on the item master record, i added the inventory item table to the GI and that removed SO lines with items outside of the users group.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thank you for sharing your solution with the community @Pinny !

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved