Solved

Restrict visibility of Purchase Order only to the related workgroup

• 11 July 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi All, 

How can I restrict the visibility of Purchase orders only to the people of the same work group. meaning if the Approvers of other departments log in they don’t see the full list. and users also see what is relevant to their department. I have setup Work groups ( in Company tree) but I cannot see how I can filter it in GI. 

Thanks for your help in advance. 

Ghazal

icon

Best answer by paulsweeney34 13 July 2022, 16:15

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @Ghazalshokrollahi 

1. Are the Purchase Orders vendor specific to those departments? If so, you could set up Row Level Security based on Vendors. 
  2. If you are using Branches, you can restrict by Branch Access for the users. 

There is no way out of the box to restrict visibility by workgroup, those are primarily used for approvals. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @kbeatty21 

thanks for the reply, to answer your questions:

1: POs are not endor specific to departments

2: I am using branch but my departments are reflected in a segment of Sub accounts 

I have restricted the visibility of sub accounts however the approvers and users only wantto see the POs relevant to their department ( workgroup) on the GI list

Thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Ghazalshokrollahi 

You can create parameters on the GI and make them Required so they have to choose their subaccount. 

This is just from my local environment for an example for you. 

Userlevel 1

I had a similar situation. In that case we used wanted to restrict what POs the approvers could see.

To do this we used the approver’s ID as the condition. We also added view only permissions to the navigation buttons and the PO # so they couldn’t scroll through the POs or just edit the PO number.

So far it seems to be working as desired.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@paulsweeney34 are you talking about this  column? can you possible share what tables you added and thejoins? 

Userlevel 1

Here are the tables I use:

Here are the joins:

Someone with better SQL skills may recommend different joins though.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks Paul appreciate it :), just letting you know I had to make a left join because if there was no approver for a PO they wouldn’t be shoing on the GI list. just because some POs were auto approved since below  a certain threshhold in my case.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved