Solved

Restrict access to only print approved PO

• 13 October 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi, is there a way to restrict certain users to only print approved PO only? Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by vkumar 14 October 2020, 03:53

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi,

One can restrict access to Print PO option at document level based on document status using automation step. There is no direct option to restrict access to print document to set of users based on document status. I will check further for a workaround and will let you know. 

Regards,

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

You could also add a big watermark to the report that displays only when the PO is not approved -- “DRAFT PO - DO NOT PROCESS”. You can control visibility of elements in your reports by setting the VisibleExpr property.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi,

Here are the screenshots. 

• check ‘disabled’ for Report : Print Purchase order line on automation step required ( I have done this on ‘Pending approval’ status, NL ( Normal ) Purchase order automation step
  • Print Purchase order option is disabled on Pending approval status Normal PO screen now.

• In addition to this, you may restrict user access to Purchase Order > Reports > Print Purchase order screen, screen ID : PO641000, so that users wont directly print the PO from this screen, instead of the Document entry screen :PO301000.

Hope this helps,

Regards
Vijay

Userlevel 2
Badge

Yes,

We do the same method for restricting printout report through automation step.  

Hi,

Here are the screenshots. 

• check ‘disabled’ for Report : Print Purchase order line on automation step required ( I have done this on ‘Pending approval’ status, NL ( Normal ) Purchase order automation step
  • Print Purchase order option is disabled on Pending approval status Normal PO screen now.

• In addition to this, you may restrict user access to Purchase Order > Reports > Print Purchase order screen, screen ID : PO641000, so that users wont directly print the PO from this screen, instead of the Document entry screen :PO301000.

Hope this helps,

Regards
Vijay

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi vkumar, 

could you please also screen shot your condition tab and your field tab? it is here where i am getting my errors. Thank you.

Kind regards,

mrivera67 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi, 

I have not made any changes on Conditions and Fields tab. Left default setting. Here are the screenshots :

Page # 2 ‘Fields tab’

Regards,

Userlevel 2
Badge

...this is a big help! you are a big help...many thanks!

mrivera67

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@mrivera67 following our private conversation, here’s a demo showing how you could print something on the purchase order form when it’s on hold or pending approval: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArxFP25edM4

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved