Solved

Report for Separating Actual Costs Based on Account Group

• 23 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello, 

I’m working on trying to recreate a report generated by our old ERP system called Job Cost Billing Summary. The main thing that I’m having trouble recreating is separating out the “Actual Costs” based on the section “Account Group” in Acumatica for each job within a set period of time. Our Account Groups are represented by letters L for Labor S for Subcontractor and so on. 

I am basing the report off of existing Acumatica report 6540002 and have not added anything to the Schema from the base file. 

If anyone can help me figure out what I would need to enter and if I need any additional relationships so that I can have total actual costs for each group, I would be most appreciative.

icon

Best answer by Laura02 23 August 2023, 16:58

View original

3 replies

Badge +18

Hello David,

I have two ideas for you, Report Designer versus ARM reports.

A picture of the report you need versus the report you have now, will be helpful.  I’m having trouble seeing the report because I don’t have Construction Edition. (I do have projects but report PM6540002 is not present.)  I think PM6540002 may already be a custom version of PM6540000 in your case.

If you are reporting by the month, there might be 2 ways to accomplish your report: Report Designer or ARM reports.  If you are reporting for a time-frame less than a month, then Report Designer using PMTran DAC/table is the answer.

If using Report Designer to accomplish your needs, I expect you will need variables to represent the Account Groups in your columns. Each variable will collect transactions via an If statement or using CASE to populate the variables and sort transaction amounts into columns, like this example for Labor Account Group Variable: If the Account Group  on the project transaction is Labor, then Transaction Amount, else $0. 

It’s hard to know if Finance → ARM reports could help you create a monthly report, without first seeing your example reports.   “Maybe”... maybe you can show Account Groups in columns across the page and projects down the page using the PM project Type in ARM reports. 

HTH.  If not, a report designer expert will come along and provide more.  ;-)

Laura

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Great answer @Laura02 ! To expand on this, I would also like to suggest a 3rd possibility - Velixo. It’s an add-on offered by Acumatica, your company may even have a license already. Building such reports is quite easy even for non-technical users, you get real-time data, one-click refresh, drilldown, and writeback as well…

A quick video demo, focused on reports: 

Also, here’s a sample report that shows project totals by account group, grouped by task. You can see the formula structure in the screenshot:

Disclaimer: this is a shameless plug for a tool that I built 😅

This is the report I am trying to recreate the Job Cost Billing Summary report within Sage 300. 

I have unfortunately realized that I have overwritten the original report which was 654000 and am reaching out to support to see if we can get it readded but it is the report titled Project Performance for us. I am linking screenshots of the schema from that original report below. I’m going to try the variable settings you suggested when I get the chance! I don’t know if we’ve ever needed a report for less than a full month, but if I can get that level of flexibility to get a date range without too much struggle it would be preferred. 

I really appreciate your input and suggestions!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved