Skip to main content
Solved

Report Designer - Where to a find it?

• 20 June 2024
  • 5 replies

I asked my Acumatca team how to customize reports and I was advised to watch course S150. But it has me downloading a file that I don’t have a program for. Wondering if the course is out of date? I tried searching in Acumatica ERP for report designer but nothing popped up. Thanks!

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

@SBaldwin 

Check out this article on the Community, it has a link and comments on how to find the Report Designer file.

Where to download Acumatica Report Designer? | Community

Userlevel 3
Badge

@SBaldwin

Check out this article on the Community, it has a link and comments on how to find the Report Designer file.

Where to download Acumatica Report Designer? | Community

This is the answer… ideally report writer would be baked into the web UI to deploy quickly to teams. Hoping this is on the roadmap.

Badge +12

Hoping this is on the roadmap.

It is.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @SBaldwin ,

Report designer is a separate tool which will be available for modifying existing reports and creating new reports.

While installing Acumatica you need to select the checkbox to Install Report Designer, then only the report designer will installed in the system and can be available as an Report Designer application.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @SBaldwin 

Before joining the course S150 you need to take the following steps:
- Step 1: Downloading Traning Guide S150. See pages 1 to 6
- Step 2: Install Acumatica trial version & install Report Designer (see Acumatica Installation Guide and Traning Guide S150 on pages 5,6)

- Step 3: Join the course S150: Read Training Guide S150 carefully and watch Videos (Training Recordings) and practice step by step according to the course.

“Wondering if the course is out of date?” => Training Guide of version 2024R1 but Videos of Version 2021R1 => but it's okay. I think more than 90% is the same between Versions.

Best Regards,

NNT