Skip to main content

Hello,

I have a custom report to print a lable.  The physical label is being printed on a label printer.  The label is 4” wide by 6” tall.  I want to print the label landscape as the items on the label are wider than they are tall.

I was hoping setting it to 4” wide and Landscape would accomplish this.  However, it does not.

If I select portrait when printing, it prints the label information at the top of the label and does not turn the items 90 degrees to be properly aligned on the label.  Items are squished and use about half the physical label.

If I select Landscape when printing, it does turn the items 90 degrees as desired, but does not expand out to use the entire label, it squishes it use about half of the physical label.

I have the same issue that has not been solved. I attempted to change the layout configuration of the label printer but no luck. Were you able to solve this?

I had a similar issue, yet my labels were 4H X 6L - below is my setup and works fine. The only problem I have is when I print it will print the footer on a second label vs the first when printing through the web browser. If I print PDF it works ok - I haven't solved that issue yet due to other bigger items I need to fix first. 

Also on your layout of the text box check to see if you have the CanGrow Can Shink as true. You will need to click onto the text box to see the setting in the second image.

Hi @ltussing03 

I had a similar issue with this, much more a hardware issue than software.

It turned out it was the printer that was the issue, you have to specifically set the printer paper size, this can be an annoyance if you use the printer for not only these labels.

Although, I think you can set multiple page sizes for various printers and save them as preferences, not 100% sure though.

Hope this helps, 

Aleks

Thanks for that information! It did turn out that the printer was set to 4x4 even though they are currently using that setting to print 4x6 labels.