Solved

Report Designer performance troubleshooting

• 21 March 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Irina or someone, I am looking for advise/KB articles or anything else that can help me determine why a report is running so slow.  I know it could be the joins, subreports etc but I am hoping for someone to point out the typical culprits.

My report takes about a minute + to run, has two subreports and only a few tables that are joined as recommended.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. 

icon

Best answer by dgross 18 May 2023, 02:59

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Considering each report can be unique you can not rule out a general solution.

Can you please

• either provide the joins you are using as a SQL query?
  • If not, in the “Relationships” tab select each pair of the joined tables and make screenshots and provide here so that we can rebuild the joins.
  • if not, attach your report here. Note, we can not test the report if you have custom objects/fields in your report as it is going to be time-consuming to recreate widgets. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @dgross54 

Adding to the above, attach the .rpx file of main report and sub reports as well. 

Regards,

Userlevel 3
Badge

@aaghamalian47 @vkumar 

Thanks for offering to take a look.  I have removed all custom/attribute/item class references as best I could so this should work in a testing environment.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@vkumar @aaghaei  Here are the joins in case you can’t access the report.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Sorry, I do not have any FS data that I can test.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @dgross54 were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 3
Badge

HI Chris, thanks for checking in.  I believe the issue is with a join in the main report which is using a parameter.  I can’t quite understand why this would precipitously drag the performance down so much but I think it is.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved