Question

Report Designer - fromatting amount calculated in a variable with currency symbol

• 1 September 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I have an amount in my report which is calculated by using a variable. I need to display this amount with the currency symbol next to it ($140.00). If I use ‘=[Currency.CurySymbol] +$InvcAmt’,in the ‘value’ of the text box, I am unbale to format the ‘amount’.

The only way I am able to format the amount is to create a second text box in front of the amount for the currency symbol. The issue here is that there is now a space between the currency symbol and the amount ($     140.00).

Is there a way to join the two where there is no space between the two, bearing in mind the number of characters in the amount can vary?

7 replies

Badge +18

Hello @suemackeown13 ,

Did you notice this previous post related to how to add currency symbol to reports, answered by Naveen and Foujan?

Laura

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Laura

Yes I did see that, thank you, but it does not format correctly when using a variable.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @suemackeown13,

I suggest adding a formula like CDEC($InvcAmt) and then applying the following format to that field: $###,###.00.

Perhaps this approach will work for you

Regards, Sweta

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Sweta

Thank you for your suggestion, but we have three different currencies and therefore the $###,###.00 formatting will not show the correct symbol on the report for anything ofhter than the USD currency.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@suemackeown13 Can you use a chain of IIFs for Currency? Like Iif CuryID = USD, ‘$’+ ### or, iif CuryID = GBP, ...etc.

Or have you already come up with a workaround?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi benjamin. Thank you for the suggestion. I tried the IIF statement but got an errror so I used the following in the Format field - [CurrencyList.CurySymbol] + ###.00 but it showed as € 500.000000 on the form (should be € 500.00). Correct currency though.

Badge +11

How about:

=Concat([Currency.CurySymbol],Format($InvcAmt,'###,###.00'))

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved