Solved

Recipient on "To" list on a Email Notification not receiving emails

• 6 December 2023
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

We have a business event that notifies the salesperson every time they are added as a salesperson to a customer. This business event is sending an email notification to the salesperson with the customer that has been assigned to them. 

The salesperson is currently on the “To” list on the email template, however, they are not receiving the email. Below is an email that was processed: 

The person on copy is only receiving emails. We are using Users table to pull the salesperson’s email address

Not sure what is causing this to appear blank. I have attached the xml file of the GI, BE to this thread. Please advise, what am I missing here. Appreciate your help in advance. thank you.

icon

Best answer by kanupindi 10 January 2024, 22:55

View original

13 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

Does the email notification work for some Users and not for others?

Is the User also an Employee?  I have noticed, when a User is linked to an Employee record, the User’s previous email address in Users screen is replaced with not-editable Email from the Employee screen.

Does the Business Event Email Notification shown above have an option to use linked Employee’s Email instead of (Users_Email) when Users_Email is blank?

Laura

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Laura02 , it happens with all users and all users are employees

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @kanupindi 

Is the email trigger from the Business event but not receving an email to the sales person?

Could you please confirm.

Try this business event

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @manikantad18, thank you for getting back. Yes the email notification is from a business event. I tried importing the GI and business event - and I get the below error while importing the business event:

Please note that I tried without changing the screen ID on your xml file and also after changing the screen id. Can you please suggest what changes you made to the business event? that will be helpful, thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @kanupindi  The below field I have highlighted, based on this change we are triggering an Business events

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @manikantad18 , thank you for your response. the business event is running without any issues but the issue here is with the email notification. It is not attaching the salesperson’s email to the “To” list. Wanted to troubleshoot why that is happening. Do you have ideas on why it may happen?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @kanupindi 

could you please share a screenshot?

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @manikantad18 , please see below: 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @kanupindi Did you tried to give a sample email ID like Manikantad@Kensium.com and check if the email is coming or not? or it is only happening when the data field is Mapped?

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @kanupindi were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 2

I’ve been struggling with the same issue. From what I can tell, there is no option to select the salespersons linked employee email from the datafield list in the email templates screen. 

The only workaround I’ve found involves coding the salesperson ID as the first part of their employee email address and then hardcoding the company’s domain in the email template (example below).

Of course that only works if all of your email addresses follow a similar format…

I’d be interested to see if anyone has come up with a better solution.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @kevinpopeck ,

Thank you for recommending that idea. We figured it out - we referenced Customer OwnerID’s email address like below and it started working. Thank you everyone for your help and suggestions!

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thank you for sharing your solution with the community @kanupindi!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved